• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident there has to be others waiting on that many shoes.
One of those pairs really shouldn't even be counted as I'm still waiting for the borders to open up haha.
Well, I hope our Seichi and Akira would happen next year tho. I have "reserved" one shoe style for each of them:)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope our Seichi and Akira would happen next year tho. I have "reserved" one shoe style for each of them:)

Same here.
Which is why those reserved styles can't be used on StCs.
Nothing for them to make up for me at the moment. ??‍♂️

Seiichi more than likely could be towards the end of the year, or (like you said) early next.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ongoing. .. A pair of loafers from Ramon Cuberta, apron front derbies from Castez Ermili, Pigskin SpTDs from Gerald Thibaut, captoes from Atienza, captoes from Saskia Wittmer, apron front derbies from Kiyo Uda, Chukks from Winson.

Mostly all I'm waiting for further fittings, and confirmation of leather color.

Then I have a hold on a pair of loafers from Winson. Hoping to begin a loafer commission from Perticone.

So once all of those get sorted out, only then I can begin to think about ordering another pair from StCs.
After reading this, I realize I'm still such a novice in the shoe game. I only recognize Winson from all of those makers

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That interests me as he is the one Shoemaker close to me. Too bad he had to relocate from the Gothic Quarter to Sant Gervasi and now out of Barcelona.

Has he made any other pairs for you before?

He made me a pair of those Arrow oxfords in black. Made them a few years ago when he had just moved to El Born. I met him there actually.
I love that area. So many interesting shops, and little restaurants to eat.

El Museo de Chocolate (forgot the spelling in Catalan), if it's still around, is fantastic for some treats. He was near the park as well. Very scenic.

He's had a bit of bad luck these past few years. From moving, to his arm injury, then moving again, to of course the pandemic (which we've all experienced).. Hasn't been easy.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to scratch the itch with a cheaper pair f wholecuts. If I fall I love with them then I'll level up. Also, I still need to resolve the adjustments to my last, and Philip ain't in a rush to reply to emails.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to scratch the itch with a cheaper pair f wholecuts. If I fall I love with them then I'll level up. Also, I still need to resolve the adjustments to my last, and Philip ain't in a rush to reply to emails.
I've noticed a few follow ups to get things done. That's why the stockists are so valuable when it comes to StC

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a few follow ups to get things done. That's why the stockists are so valuable when it comes to StC
I sent a follow up email asking a random question about brass pegs vs metal toe taps. Does anyone have experience with brass pegs? How do they compare?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent a follow up email asking a random question about brass pegs vs metal toe taps. Does anyone have experience with brass pegs? How do they compare?
I think the pegs are really just for looks. If you usually wear down the front it won't prevent that like the taps will

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Copied from an email from Mr. Car:
"My advice would be to go for the metal toe tips instead of the brass pegged tip, it is just more durable and you do not see it. "

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the pegs are really just for looks. If you usually wear down the front it won't prevent that like the taps will
"My advice would be to go for the metal toe tips instead of the brass pegged tip, it is just more durable and you do not see it. "

@jischwar & @FlowableFill beat me to it. Definitely metal toe taps over pegs. The pegs look cooler, but the taps aren't decorative. They work well.

@Patrick1053 I have many pairs with both. I have the pegs on loafers and oxfords I don't really intend to walk much on. If I think the shoes will be used heavily, I opt for taps.

ryanluo23

Reaction score

2nd that - I recently gotten the brass pegs taken off and replaced the front with toe tips on one of the pair - best to get them factory fitted

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Question! to all my fellow StC fanboys

is VIN the same as Shrunken Leather? - who has got swatches or at least know what colourway are available for Shrunken?

TIA

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question! to all my fellow StC fanboys

is VIN the same as Shrunken Leather? - who has got swatches or at least know what colourway are available for Shrunken?

TIA

A VNA guy myself, so couldn't comment on it. But, @Leaves should be able to both speak on that and upload pictures I'd imagine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads