• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LThomsen

Reaction score
When ordering directly from StC and having the shoes mailed to the US, how much have others paid in additional fees?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When ordering directly from StC and having the shoes mailed to the US, how much have others paid in additional fees?
I just paid $105 to get some through MJ on sale. Basically netted out the sale price, haha.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

I would like to have a slight modification to the Classic last (shorten the overall length of the toe tip by like 3mm). For those of you whom have requested last modifications, how do I go about it and about how much extra am I looking at (honestly, at these price-points, who cares)? Thank you.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

I would like to have a slight modification to the Classic last (shorten the overall length of the toe tip by like 3mm). For those of you whom have requested last modifications, how do I go about it and about how much extra am I looking at (honestly, at these price-points, who cares)? Thank you.

I think you can either do it by MTO with adjustment, or personalized last, by your description, I think the prior should work, starts with 100 and every additional piece is like 50, if I got it right.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

IMO do the personalized last. It's a one time charge but after that you can make modifications to it for free. I think it was ~$300.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question:

As @Encore mentioned, the prices are $115 for initial modifications, although for just the length they will probably charge you $50-$55. The $115 price involves several adjustments.

If you intend to purchase 2 or more pairs, might as well go the way of the personalized last as @tdes81 suggested.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! What’s the best email to use for setting this up with STC? Thank you.

sdfzs

Reaction score
IMO do the personalized last. It's a one time charge but after that you can make modifications to it for free. I think it was ~$300.

It could be so that the personalized last is the only alternative here since the fitting pieces are typically about adding material and not basically sanding of material from the tip of the last. So don't be surprised if the fitting piece is not a viable option here since that's basically adding a piece of leather on the last during lasting on a standard last and afterwards the last may go back to the general population and the fitting piece stripped off

What ?? said

What ?? said

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads