• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mod 524 in Jan 079
20210112_165126.jpg

nmiller08

Reaction score
Here you go. Also had a pair of Carmina to show the difference. Not apples to apples but u can get an idea on the difference between leather sole to the geyo.

Those look great, thanks for posting. Which leather on the StC?

Oasis

Reaction score
What’s the best way to get in touch with Saint Crispins? I’ve dropped them a few messages with a simple query re. resolving via their website but I’ve not had a reply. (And I’m not being impatient - we are talking months between messages and months with no reply...).

Thanks.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose I will chime in. @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes and @clee1982 here it is.

Can I ask you all, what is it specifically that you liked about StC? We all know the build quality and tradition is incredible. Is there anything more? For some reason they don't elicit any special feelings out of me yet.
View attachment 1543063 View attachment 1543064 View attachment 1543065 View attachment 1543066
For me, I find the off the rack fit to be superb. They also have a handful of models that seem unique to them, for instance the 524 chukka with the curved top.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
There's a certain heft and feel of the shoes when you have them in your hands. I believe the heel counter is extended further than most brands, so when you're holding them there's a certain sturdiest around the sides. The heels are attached very closely to the uppers and flow very gently up to the uppers.

Can I ask you all, what is it specifically that you liked about StC? We all know the build quality and tradition is incredible. Is there anything more? For some reason they don't elicit any special feelings out of me yet.
View attachment 1543063 View attachment 1543064 View attachment 1543065 View attachment 1543066

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was never a fan of StC, the look doesn't inspire me either, I think one of the best thing about StC is you can get "fitted" for relative cheap.

edit: and on construction I would go AM HW over StC personally

Last edited:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The overall profile of StC is very clean - not only talking about their finishing, which they executed really well at the welt, the heel, the waist... But also their model design are well executed. I found most of their design are very balanced - they look "right".

In addiiton, they offer quite many design (check their lookbook) that almost everyone could find a style that he/she would like. (not saying other brands carry less styles or anything, but the fact that StC doesn't charge MTO up-charge make its MTO "more accessible", myself included, I see many ppl hesitate to pay any kind of "up-charge", lol). Also, since people don't have to pay MTO upcharge, more people will get on the MTO route so you will see a lot of new idea from social medias.

StC has one of the best Arch Support in the RTW market, the benefit of it is quite obvious, StC is my "go to" if I have to walk quite a bit that day.

I only have experience in their C last, I found their C last to be very elegant and classic, I especially enjoy watching at its curve from toe to waist, sexy lady, for sure.

Technical spec wise, I don't think it's superb in any way, the welt are done by machine and the waist are pegged, comparing with some high end GYW it's still "better", but not necessarily a winning point IMO.
Leather wise, some people don't like their Crust leather due to the creasing. But I found them very easy to get the "vintage" look, can't be sure if they mean to do it this way but you can order Aniline leather which would have way less creasing.

If you were not attracted by its style/ aesthetic from very beginning (not sure if I interpret it correctly), I don't think you will like them just by looking at the actual product. But if you wear them and feel its support, you may change your mind.

Edited:
Examples of some of the angle I appreciated the most
438FF440-E1FE-4ED0-B0B9-8CF00DD38A11.jpeg
E3531D89-3728-4029-A369-3342158F59BE.jpeg
75E14D8F-9C81-45D5-9DAF-1748807C9A36.jpeg
781E4C7D-222C-489E-860B-8B3581922425.jpeg

Last edited:

djdanniedee

Reaction score
like @Encore mentioned, i think their overall look is very balanced. It's hard to describe, but nothing feels off when you're looking/handling them.

I only have shoes in their classic last, but i feel its very well balanced (for lack of a better word) again. There are curves in all the right places, it's not too sleek or round, but just feels pleasing to the ye.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads