• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ivancream

Reaction score
Probably the last time wearing them this year?:rolleyes:
View attachment 1468688 View attachment 1468689
Gorgeous

Are they RUS 076?

1601564600798.png

I can find a lot of RUS 075 (mid brown) but not much RUS 076 (beige brown) to compare.

Thanks!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked ~ 8 km with these boots today, don't feel any pain at all. This pairs seem very easy to break in, I think I only worn it like 5 times. (Bought it from someone else, the outsole was new, have signs of try on tho).The break in process wasn't painful at all, the first wear is a bit tough but definitely not the worst I had. I have 2 more pairs in CRU but I haven't worn them due to COVID, will update the thread on how the break in process is like.

I wasn't a big fun of SC's crust leather due to its creasing, so at the beginning I tried to avoid them. I bought suede most of the time, which is very easy to break in. on the other hand, the Russian calf loafer posted earlier was the most difficult pair I own, I still remember how it hurts my feet on the first day (and second, and third... lol) I worn them. It took me quite a while to find piece with it, now it's gets way better and I can confidently wear it for a whole day.

Overall, I think SC gives a very good support and it's more comfortable than lots of the other shoes I have.

8FCD877F-24CF-4D0A-9AF8-28E49F494622.jpeg
E100A9C4-8650-4DD3-9287-D5848812E74B.jpeg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second time I've spotted BB in your pictures. I take it you are a Boot Black man?
Haha you got it, I am a big fan of Boot Black, I found it quite easy to get mirror shine with their high shine products.
And I really like their Artist Palette shoe cream, first of all their containers look great, and I think they are slight better than Saphir (just my own opinion).

I got quite a lot of the BB products.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha you got it, I am a big fan of Boot Black, I found it quite easy to get mirror shine with their high shine products.
And I really like their Artist Palette shoe cream, first of all their containers look great, and I think they are slight better than Saphir (just my own opinion).

I got quite a lot of the BB products.

I don't think I have too many of their products. Although the ones I do have are pretty solid.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what the closest leather Saint Crispin’s has to G&G’s vintage rioja, if any... I’ve seen pics of SC’s burgundy but it seems a lot brighter and redder.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what the closest leather Saint Crispin’s has to G&G’s vintage rioja, if any... I’ve seen pics of SC’s burgundy but it seems a lot brighter and redder.

Pretty sure since they dye their CRU leather themselves you could ask for additional patina/darkening to it.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
A Saint Crispin’s shoe post for the Saint Crispin’s day. (Well, just trying to find a legit excuse to play with my shoes lol) tried some different filter today, let me know how you think:)

Belated StC day - Melbourne is finally emerging from lockdown - Photo credit to Uncle Karl (@Blu_Scuro)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads