• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DL120

Reaction score
I would be in the camp that finds them a bit too contrasted. Saying that, I always love it when a plan comes together so the fact your vision was realized is... ?? ??.

I would add that the most encouraging thing for yourself and others is the fit result. Amazing you were able to lock in a great fit. I'm in the camp of prioritizing fit over aesthetic. Of course, no one wants a ugly shoe, but if it doesn't fit you must re-equip.
Yeah obviously when on, and wearing pants ? you will only see the shell, but the shrunken calf is so comfortable for the ankle. And it will become less of a color contrast I suspect rather quickly based on comparisons with other darker shells I’ve had over time.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@saintcrispins Mod515 U-Cap Oxford Boots with medallion A, 609 dark brown shell and a mid brown, vintage shrunken calfskin shaft. Riva last with adjustments made to the instep fitting.
GE10mm dark brown outsole, pegged waist and toe plates.
Some may find it a bit of a strong contrast, but it’s exactly what I had envisioned. Because calfskin darkens with age and wear, and darker shell lightens with age and wear, the plan is they continue to grow closer and closer together.
Fit, honestly the instep adjustment is perfect to accommodate my foot and communicating with Phillip via email to hash out the exact need, extent and location of the adjustment couldn’t have turned out better.

View attachment 1456990 View attachment 1456991
So much good here...just wow. The imagination to envision these, and the execution by St. Crispin. Just absolutely well done truly...:worship2:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah obviously when on, and wearing pants ? you will only see the shell, but the shrunken calf is so comfortable for the ankle. And it will become less of a color contrast I suspect rather quickly based on comparisons with other darker shells I’ve had over time.

You don't have a bad one in your collection, so no surprise these turned out well. Again while not my taste and my collection being (by my own admission) painfully monotonous, I can always appreciate vision and a well executed pair. Definitely one of the cooler pieces you have ?.

DL120

Reaction score
So much good here...just wow. The imagination to envision these, and the execution by St. Crispin. Just absolutely well done truly...:worship2:
Thanks man. I was going to do the 621, but it seemed like it was so similar to a lot of the boots I have, I wanted something different.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick min or two...

DA36860D-E3AC-4D08-B31F-DB0A9C413745.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FlowableFill

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the Janus 078 suede? I'm thinking about getting a pair of mod 125 with that suede...or the Janus 076. Not really sure which.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of the Janus 078 suede? I'm thinking about getting a pair of mod 125 with that suede...or the Janus 076. Not really sure which.

I was thinking of having a pair of Suede shoes made with that 078 Janus. Fortunately, I saved the picture, although I decided to go in a different direction.
Screenshot_20200919-221824_Chrome.jpg

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Hi
Excuse my lack of knowledge on SC. How do they fit? Size wise in length?
Ive just purchased a oxford model they did for Drake's a few years ago.
611 GE10 9F

Kind regards

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics