• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DL120

Reaction score
I love them. How does the StC shell do in the rain?
I don’t have too much experience with either pair in the rain but both of my StC horween shell have been in the rain and both dried relatively quickly and no issue. Just dried and couldn’t even tell

ryanluo23

Reaction score
the other boot that caught my eye after combing all of the StC thread is this...

who is good enough to tell me the makeup of the leather? --> i will love you long time

1593342567440.png

sdfzs

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are the other shoes also StC and if so what are the colors? Is that CRU 606 in the bottom left and CRU 609 on the wingtip?

All StC, all crust.
The bottom left that you already guessed, at around 7-8 o'clock, is CRU 606
Upper left CRU 607
Top at around 1 o'clock CRU 608
Both the 3 and 5 o'clock are interesting enough CRU 609, as can be seen they came out slightly differently but the bright light in this picture enhances the differences. In normal light it's less obvious

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Some split toe inspiration. 633 in CRU607 and 508 in CRU608 (that got a warmer shade of brown over the year by polish selection).

View attachment 1415701

#Goals - Your shoes and makeup are very much right up my alley

So I guess what you are gently hinting - '...why not both...?' lol

sdfzs

Reaction score
#Goals - Your shoes and makeup are very much right up my alley

So I guess what you are gently hinting - '...why not both...?' lol

It's like Pokemons, you got to catch them all right?! :cool:

I my first split toes was actually grain in the very subtle TCK leather that's unfortunately now not offered any longer. MOU/ALP comes close but if TCK would still be offered i would have made a pair in some brown shade also if that ever was available. At the time i wanted something with more red hues and then this TCK 039 was spot on (Kudos to Gabriel that at the time worked for Skoaktiebolaget in their old "hole in the wall" store)
1593610473199.png

My last split toe pair was more on the brutal side and also sported a shaft since i had a pair of boots made in the dark brown Bison (BIS 078 if i recall correctly, Model 621)
1593610382476.png

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The lack of agave love here is rather distressing :smarmy:
I drink both but very seasonally, tequila in the spring and summer and scotch in the fall and winter, and occasionally Mezcal as a "Summer Scotch"

Any tequila recommendations? Fortaleza Reposado has been my go to, which is very nice.

For Scotch, I am a Islay fan, Laphroaig 10, Ardbeg 10 but almost exclusively in the fall and winter.

Apologies on derailing the St.C thread further.

-DL
Continued apologies for derailing. Interesting to hear re: seasonality. Makes perfect sense to me (and exactly what I do), though people stare at my like I'm crazy when I tell them.

I started as a whisky guy, so I tend to favor anejos/reposados. Still slowly venturing into blancos. I find that I'm far more willing to experiment with tequila than scotch, for whatever reason. Extra anejos are my least favorite, particularly if unable to sample prior to buying. Some, even brands I love in other offerings, tend to be outrageously sweet...with an eye watering price tag to match. Hard to top Fortaleza, but a few of my preferred choices below:

Casa Noble (reposado and anejo...best bang for buck, in my opinion. Delicious stuff.)
Casamigos
Chinaco
Don Julio (standard anejo & 1942)
Herradura (very underrated)
Fortaleza (anejo and reposado...though the former can be tough to find, in my experience)
Ocho (Extra anejo is 100% a case of the above)
Codigo (anejo...though the price tag is a definite turnoff in relation to quality)
Cuervo Reserva
Clase Azul (reposado and anejo...the latter is a special occasion drink, to be sure..at least for me)

Depending on your zeal for variety, you'd be perfectly well suited continuing with the Fortaleza, in my opinion. Excellent stuff.

IRT scotch, Islay is my comfort zone, without question. Something about that smell gets me every time. Those are some of my favorites...though the standard Talisker also rates highly to my taste buds.
All this agave talk is making me wanting to serve a mezcal. :lol:

papado

Reaction score
Out for a walk in the new 633. Breaking in nicely but a bit annoyed about the instep. Overall still happy with them ?
Doing virtually the same model in cru607 for my wedding this fall.

I have the same instep problem with my 633's :( but love them nonetheless; hoping they're still wearable once I break them in.

I had no reason to think I had a somewhat 'lower' instep but all these 'nicer' SF brands keep on disappointing me/limiting what I can buy by having what I'd consider some fairly roomy insteps!

BomTrady

Reaction score
I've been taking advantage of StC 4 week turn-around and everything has come in under 4 weeks, including these 741s. First time I've seen the chiseled toe lasts. Filling a void in my shoe wardrobe with vibram half soles, Dainite, GEYO, etc. There's nothing worst than waking up to rain, thereby destroying your sartorial overnight planning.

Attachments

• 464E4CD3-6EBE-428F-A190-06F40AF7E415.jpeg
    464E4CD3-6EBE-428F-A190-06F40AF7E415.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 8775EB1D-41EF-4D4B-8B38-225684EE9D63.jpeg
    8775EB1D-41EF-4D4B-8B38-225684EE9D63.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 4E70CA1C-73B8-43B9-AEF1-9C1EAC3328B4.jpeg
    4E70CA1C-73B8-43B9-AEF1-9C1EAC3328B4.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 86

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads