• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As promised :
DSC_8077.JPG DSC_8075.JPG

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gives me color envy ?.

I've made a promise to myself for the next several commissions.. No black or Dark Brown.
I feel like an alcoholics anonymous participant stating I've had my last drink. ?
Hahahaha! I've actually been loading up on black shoes now. It's almost all I want to wear now.

But if you are thinking of adding color to your collection, I suggest a nice dark burgundy.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
@deez shoes you're packing some hot fire!!!! I remember seeing Ethan from Bryceland having a similar pair of these, his having a straight stitch norvegese instead of the goyser. Either way, these have so much character to them. I have a similar pair of these from EB, but they certainly do not compare.

Also, funny how you mention you've been loading up on black shoes. For the longest time, i've been against black dress shoes, but i find nowadays, it's the only colour i want to get.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@deez shoes you're packing some hot fire!!!! I remember seeing Ethan from Bryceland having a similar pair of these, his having a straight stitch norvegese instead of the goyser. Either way, these have so much character to them. I have a similar pair of these from EB, but they certainly do not compare.

Also, funny how you mention you've been loading up on black shoes. For the longest time, i've been against black dress shoes, but i find nowadays, it's the only colour i want to get.

Both of you two (@deez shoes & @djdanniedee) either pick up a pair of black shoes or get some more. ??

Last edited:

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Dear All - I am also considering doing the Cyber fitting and getting a personalized last. For those who have had experience with it, hows did the end result compare with (1) Bespoke or (2) Your Best fitting RTW?

These are essentially the three options I am contemplating ($$$$) full In-pserson bespoke via one of the Japanese makers, ($$$) StC Personalized Lasts, or ($$.5) EG 202/606 which fit exceptionally well.

Your thoughts are most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you in advance

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Dear All - I am also considering doing the Cyber fitting and getting a personalized last. For those who have had experience with it, hows did the end result compare with (1) Bespoke or (2) Your Best fitting RTW?

These are essentially the three options I am contemplating ($$$$) full In-pserson bespoke via one of the Japanese makers, ($$$) StC Personalized Lasts, or ($$.5) EG 202/606 which fit exceptionally well.

May I also add to that list shoe makers like Jankielman and others who do online bespoke for >$1000 USD. Also, if I had the ability to visit Japan as you do (maybe not so safe at the moment) I would choose to work with a Japanese bespoke shoemaker. They’re well known to be some of the best in the world (i.e Ann Bespoke, TYE, Maindor) and tend to have worked with renowned English and French brands before starting their own shop. Or you could choose to work with Daniel Wegan, former head of the bespoke department at Gaziano and Girling, at his new brand Catella Shoemaker. Best of luck to you choosing among very good options :)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tough question, as I have not done the personalized last from StC (which I am kicking myself over).

I own from StCs, EG, and a few Japanese makers. Whilst I was measured directly from the Japanese maker, unlike yourself though only MTM, the fit was the best of the three options.

StC's, they put on additions to accommodate a better size, and the fit is fantastic. In fact, the StC heel, waist, instep area are the best fitting I had had up to that point. It inspired me to always inquire with makers to duplicate that fit. After that happened, the Japanese makers (Hiro Yanagimachi, Koji Suzuki amongst others) Meccariello, and a few other makers were able to surpass the StC fit.

Honestly, any Bespoke maker is going to offer the absolute best fit. It would come down to style preferences.

So in regards to the options you asked about...
-- EG I had a darn good fit.
-- StC an amazing fit.. Best up to that point but no personalized last
-- Japanese makers better fit than StC

@cliffordcaucus mentioned Daniel Wegan. He is renowned for fit and makes a beautiful shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads