• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these yours? I love STCs chukka model. Can honestly say they have one of the, if not best chukka design ive seen. The way the sides curve so naturally is so pleasing to the eye.
That chukka is stunning.

I definitely agree that they make stunning chukkas! Perhaps the only other chukkas that are on par would be the Zonkey Boot chuks. Go figure they are cousins.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The good ol' 524 strikes again. I named that model for a reason ?.

And this is what I'm talking about. I absolutely love these chuks from @nishant, but unsure how in the heck I would wear them. I live vicariously through these fellas when I want to expand my color pallette.

By the way @nishant ,what the heck are you doing purchasing StCs shoes (he stole a pair of StCs shoes in my size in a recent sale)! You supposed to be a Boot guy.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The good ol' 524 strikes again. I named that model for a reason ?.

And this is what I'm talking about. I absolutely love these chuks from @nishant, but unsure how in the heck I would wear them. I live vicariously through these fellas when I want to expand my color pallette.

By the way @nishant ,what the heck are you doing purchasing StCs shoes (he stole a pair of StCs shoes in my size in a recent sale)! You supposed to be a Boot guy.

Actually I stole 3 ?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait... where are these STC sales you guys are talking about!??!?!
I only know cavour and Skoak having sales on STC

Once or twice a year they do one on the StC website. If you sign up for the newsletter they will send you an email notification about the sale.

andreasky

Reaction score
Reading back through this thread to see what the members here had purchased form StC and found your note to me about this becoming an expensive journey. I'm about to take the next step on the journey. Swapping notes with Phillip Car about customizing a last. Next up I need to decide what model to start with.

EG has Galway and Dover as their definitive models. What would you say are the definitive StC models ?

I would vote for model 633 like these:

andreasky

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes, @nishant, @andreasky, @djdanniedee, @Meyboom, @ivancream.

I think I should start with the 633S.

I like the burgundy suede that @djdanniedee used, or maybe the natural shell that @DL120 used for his.

Any other materials you recommend ?

I personally like them in Inca 078 (I dream to own and wear them!).
I think they may be nice also in other textured leather, like Scotch grain.
BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes and others can certainly advise you!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great input @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes, @nishant, @andreasky, @djdanniedee, @Meyboom, @ivancream.

I like the burgundy suede that @djdanniedee used, or maybe the natural shell that @DL120 used for his.

Nice you went w/o the Split stitch. Like I said, there are not real world examples of the styling, but from I saw it is an excellent choice.

I would say either leather would be great. You could go with a grain of some kind say a Russian or Inca grain as well (@andreasky mentioned it as well). That Inca is underutilized if you ask me.

These are probably the ones @andreasky referenced. The 633s with an Inca grain. The grain is not as pronounced as the often used Russian grain. So they can stand in more in a smart office than my Russian grain (which comes across as more casual). Consequently, it makes it more versatile since it can used across different settings.

Screenshot_20200330-174110_Chrome.jpg

As a matter of fact, I am attempting to use the Inca grain in a Burgundy SpTD makeup (different company though).

Last edited:

Meyboom

Reaction score

I think 633 works well with many different kinds of leather, as @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes pointed out. So choice of leather depends on your personal taste, the kind of clothes you want to wear them with and the way you'll be using them. Do you plan to wear them in a mostly formal/business context or in a casual setting? Are you looking for a leather that's pretty hard wearing and can withstand bad weather conditions? St C offers a huge array of different leathers with very different characteristics so it won't be an easy choice... I own shoes in many of the leathers that are offered by St C (of course not all of them are St C but most of these leathers are also used by other makers - except the exotics) so if you want to know more about a particular leather just give a shout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads