• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I would also suggest STC 635 if you're looking for a casual. alAlthough not as iconic as the others mentioned, I find it very clean and simple, and the heel to be exceptional nice IMG_20200329_164253.jpg IMG_20200329_164307.jpg

Meyboom

Reaction score
To me that would have to be their SpTD Style 575 in the RUS 075.. I would say it ranks as the 2nd best RTW SpTD out there (behind only the Dover BUT with better construction). Wingtip style 105 on the Classic Last. 524 Chukka (partial towads the Snuff suede). Definitely the 539 loafer. 522B semi brogue (partial towards the black). The quintessential plain derby style 633. Last but not least, the 2nd best SpTD derby they offer style 508HA. I'm sure the boys here can tell you their best styled boots (unfortunately I'm not a boot guy although I probably own 20 of them haha).

The 575 and 633 I'd have a hard time, by the way. Personally, the 633 may be the best Derby I have seen, but the 575 can have a rustic charm. It can also provide you a lot of elegance. Leather choice affecting its appearance. The reason I'd place the 575 over the 633 is because I think it works across multiple leathers. The 633 can as well, but I feel the SpTD works better styled under the 575. Since I am a SpTD guy first and foremost when it comes to derbies, it receives the nod.
Isn't the 633 a SpTD as well, but with hand stitched apron?

Mallaig

Reaction score
To me that would have to be their SpTD Style 575 in the RUS 075.. I would say it ranks as the 2nd best RTW SpTD out there (behind only the Dover BUT with better construction). Wingtip style 105 on the Classic Last. 524 Chukka (partial towads the Snuff suede). Definitely the 539 loafer. 522B semi brogue (partial towards the black). The quintessential plain derby style 633. Last but not least, the 2nd best SpTD derby they offer style 508HA. I'm sure the boys here can tell you their best styled boots (unfortunately I'm not a boot guy although I probably own 20 of them haha).

The 575 and 633 I'd have a hard time, by the way. Personally, the 633 may be the best Derby I have seen, but the 575 can have a rustic charm. It can also provide you a lot of elegance. Leather choice affecting its appearance. The reason I'd place the 575 over the 633 is because I think it works across multiple leathers. The 633 can as well, but I feel the SpTD works better styled under the 575. Since I am a SpTD guy first and foremost when it comes to derbies, it receives the nod.
Thanks for the thoughtful response. I’m going to have to start looking these up on the StC site.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree completely with
Isn't the 633 a SpTD as well, but with hand stitched apron?

Both can be made into a Split or not. Yes the 633 is a hand stitched apron while the 575 is machine stitched. I prefer the 575 as a SpTD and the 508 (which has the handstitched option) as a Split toe as well. The styling of the 633 I prefer as a standard Derby with the hand stitching but without the split stitching.

To my eye, the 633 just looks nicer without the Split toe stitching.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Essentially it is this shoe. I tried to airbrush the split to give you an idea, unfortunately I had the split put into mines so I can't provide an example.

Saying that, I saw this exact shoe in the RUS 075 in a non split derby version during the last trunk show here in NY. I was just like, "Holy Sh!t". So now I tell everyone to do that haha.

20200329_175159.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes you're right, now I remember, it's called 633S:

Right!!

I saw it at the trunk show in the Russian leather, a Suede leather, and a dark brown smooth leather (I can't recall what it was). It makes for a wonderful derby.

Like I said, it may be the best Derby I have seen in person. I believe the Split stitch detracts from the rest of the shoe. I also find it superfluous.

Model 575 fits absolutely perfectly. Mod.633..mmm.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Are these yours? I love STCs chukka model. Can honestly say they have one of the, if not best chukka design ive seen. The way the sides curve so naturally is so pleasing to the eye.

Okay here you have the aforementioned models of note. The 575 has the split stitch and, to my eye, looks more innate. The 633's split feels less organic, hence irrelevant.

The 522B
View attachment 1363247 View attachment 1363248

The 524 Chukka

View attachment 1363250 View attachment 1363249

The 575 in Inca Grain

View attachment 1363252 View attachment 1363251

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these yours? I love STCs chukka model. Can honestly say they have one of the, if not best chukka design ive seen. The way the sides curve so naturally is so pleasing to the eye.

Definitely not mines, although I own the following models & colors:

The 575 & 633, I have the brown Russian Grain leather. Yes same leather.

The 522 and 105, in black.

The 539 loafer, in a dark brown.

The 524, snuff suede.

Unfortunately, I do not have the courage to purchase other colors other than my standard browns and Black's haha*. One day perhaps. I also think my biggest fear is that I'll fall out of love with other colors and at this price point, it would not be prudent.

So, I'm happy salivating over other's shoes. ?

*I don't mind experimenting with other colors with lower priced shoes*

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads