• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StC Chukka in Grey Suede ...

CDF4208F-75BC-4DB0-B01D-13472CD219C4.jpeg
E344CC8B-89A4-408A-9619-34887F46B757.jpeg
2F5C9770-2EB7-4A8E-A219-7403C69C0343.jpeg

papado

Reaction score
Gents, please welcome me to the club! I purchased this pair on sale from Cavour so I'm definitely spoiled on price but it does move me closer to grabbing a couple more pairs once I start saving some money.

Silly question but can anyone comment on whether you keep the little fragrant bags or not in the box?

Please don't mind the socks as I threw them on just to try on the shoes once DHL got here. Also I guess there were some tiny particles on the shoes (hard to see in person but photos show it) so I'll try and take some better photos once I've brushed those off.

Attachments

• IMG-1542.jpg
    IMG-1542.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-1528.jpg
    IMG-1528.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 125

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, please welcome me to the club! I purchased this pair on sale from Cavour so I'm definitely spoiled on price but it does move me closer to grabbing a couple more pairs once I start saving some money.

Silly question but can anyone comment on whether you keep the little fragrant bags or not in the box?

Please don't mind the socks as I threw them on just to try on the shoes once DHL got here. Also I guess there were some tiny particles on the shoes (hard to see in person but photos show it) so I'll try and take some better photos once I've brushed those off.

Welcome* and do not worry how you obtained the shoes. Be it full price, at a Trunk Show, at a discount, through a retailer, or even used. Point is you appreciate a fine pair of crafted shoes from one of the absolute best shoemakers in the world. You are now in possession of a pair of shoes only a fraction of the world owns.
Wear them in good health!

I kept the little bags. I believe they assist with moisture. My memory isn't what it used to be so don't quote me on that because it has been many many years that I asked Philip Carr about it

*Welcome to the rabbit hole you will never find your way out of.

Mallaig

Reaction score
Fantastic purchase. They look beautiful. Wear them in good health. Unfortunately there is some bad news, this purchase will be the beginning of a very expensive journey. ?
Reading back through this thread to see what the members here had purchased form StC and found your note to me about this becoming an expensive journey. I'm about to take the next step on the journey. Swapping notes with Phillip Car about customizing a last. Next up I need to decide what model to start with.

EG has Galway and Dover as their definitive models. What would you say are the definitive StC models ?

ivancream

Reaction score
Reading back through this thread to see what the members here had purchased form StC and found your note to me about this becoming an expensive journey. I'm about to take the next step on the journey. Swapping notes with Phillip Car about customizing a last. Next up I need to decide what model to start with.

EG has Galway and Dover as their definitive models. What would you say are the definitive StC models ?

Mod 105 IMHO

1585509246484.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To me that would have to be their SpTD Style 575 in the RUS 075.. I would say it ranks as the 2nd best RTW SpTD out there (behind only the Dover BUT with better construction). Wingtip style 105 on the Classic Last. 524 Chukka (partial towads the Snuff suede). Definitely the 539 loafer. 522B semi brogue (partial towards the black). The quintessential plain derby style 633. Last but not least, the 2nd best SpTD derby they offer style 508HA. I'm sure the boys here can tell you their best styled boots (unfortunately I'm not a boot guy although I probably own 20 of them haha).

The 575 and 633 I'd have a hard time, by the way. Personally, the 633 may be the best Derby I have seen, but the 575 can have a rustic charm. It can also provide you a lot of elegance. Leather choice affecting its appearance. The reason I'd place the 575 over the 633 is because I think it works across multiple leathers. The 633 can as well, but I feel the SpTD works better styled under the 575. Since I am a SpTD guy first and foremost when it comes to derbies, it receives the nod.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads