• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sdfzs

Reaction score
From my archive if it helps, from the time i was on the fence between JAN and KDU for a project

Wondering how people are maintaining their st crispins. The st crispins website sells only wax polish. No cream polish.
Suede shoes usually stretch more than other leathers. Yours don't? I find I have always to go down size, otherwise, along time, they will become too loose. But of course this will depend on the last, I suppose.

I'd be careful to size down for suede for a few reasons, one being that StC's stiffeners insole with arch support being the same for crust and suede and this provides the structure and the support for the foot. You wont have anyone of these giving way to your foot in a different way due to a somewhat softer upper. Remember here that StC is in a totally different league when it comes to what support you have compared to basically all RTW GYW shoes.

A second reason would be that if being correctly sized you would not have any need to squeeze out and hence from that point of view should not need to size differently due to different choice of uppers.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From my archive if it helps, from the time i was on the fence between JAN and KDU for a project
View attachment 1323432 View attachment 1323433

I'd be careful to size down for suede for a few reasons, one being that StC's stiffeners insole with arch support being the same for crust and suede and this provides the structure and the support for the foot. You wont have anyone of these giving way to your foot in a different way due to a somewhat softer upper. Remember here that StC is in a totally different league when it comes to what support you have compared to basically all RTW GYW shoes.

A second reason would be that if being correctly sized you would not have any need to squeeze out and hence from that point of view should not need to size differently due to different choice of uppers.

Can not thank you enough for providing this picture @sdfzs, although I am not interested in suede at the moment. I am thankful for reminding me that I should not delete pictures of leathers I compare whilst on product selection at trunk shows.

I often read people asking for assistance (descriptions related to color, hair length, etc,.) regarding different leathers that are relatively similar. A picture says a thousand more words than we could ever actually say ?.

FONlx

Reaction score
View attachment 1323432 View attachment 1323433

Thank you so much for your help!

Every swatch presents a different variation, depending on how old it is, light exposure, etc, from all the samples I have seen.
From the maraca sample, it is the closest (although lighter) to the colour sample I first uploaded.
I think that will be the one I'll go with.
Thank you once again.

DL120

Reaction score
Something I don’t often wear but had to because they’re just so damn good still pretty new, maybe 3 total wears mod522c in aniline calf on the classic, GE8 MTO handled through skoaktie

Mallaig

Reaction score

DL120

Reaction score
These look super, awesome job on getting that shine.

Question: for only a few wears there appears to be a lot of creasing behind the toe-cap. Is this a characteristic of the leather?
I don’t believe so. I actually picked these up second hand from the original owner who I’ve acquired 3-4 MTOs of StC he did through skoaktie. I believe he sizes wrong on almost all. The others are brand new Chukkas. These, he wore once or twice and I think they were too big, causing deeper creasing. I will be working on the uppers this weekend to remove the creases and hopefully reset them to be a little cleaner. Either way, a steal of a deal for a beautiful shoe!

Mallaig

Reaction score
I don’t believe so. I actually picked these up second hand from the original owner who I’ve acquired 3-4 MTOs of StC he did through skoaktie. I believe he sizes wrong on almost all. The others are brand new Chukkas. These, he wore once or twice and I think they were too big, causing deeper creasing. I will be working on the uppers this weekend to remove the creases and hopefully reset them to be a little cleaner. Either way, a steal of a deal for a beautiful shoe!
Glad you were able to get a good deal, and your explanation makes complete sense. I'll have to keep my eyes open for people selling StC.

Mallaig

Reaction score
At the office with my first pair of StC. Figured I’d try eBay for a pair just to see if I liked the last and construction before investing in a new pair.

Even pre-owned they were about the same as the C&J Whisky Shell Oxford MTO that I’m part of !!

The quality is breathtaking. They look, and feel, brand new. I am in awe

FE89B936-6350-45C8-BF38-075469F8CABD.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the office with my first pair of StC. Figured I’d try eBay for a pair just to see if I liked the last and construction before investing in a new pair.

Even pre-owned they were about the same as the C&J Whisky Shell Oxford MTO that I’m part of !!

The quality is breathtaking. They look, and feel, brand new. I am in awe

View attachment 1339497

Fantastic purchase. They look beautiful. Wear them in good health. Unfortunately there is some bad news, this purchase will be the beginning of a very expensive journey. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads