• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DL120

Reaction score
How long did you have to wait?
Can you post a picture or 2 of the soles?
A pic or 2? I have about 40 of the soles lol. Here are a few. Also, it was 7 weeks to the day when they shipped ordered November 25, received shipping on January 13, and received them on the 15th

Last edited:

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only negative part is... they’re just so flawless in fit finish and execution, I’ve already started on the next shell mto ?‍♂️

Oh no! What are you doing this time? I'm planning my next MTO and am thinking of perhaps the Mod 900 (except with a plain cap toe) in forest green CRU. That being said a green shell could be very nice...

DL120

Reaction score
Oh no! What are you doing this time? I'm planning my next MTO and am thinking of perhaps the Mod 900 (except with a plain cap toe) in forest green CRU. That being said a green shell could be very nice...
Nice! I’m consider a Mod591 with shell and shrunken calf shaft. But I’m not sure of all the details yet. I usually need sometime to toss around some ideas before I end up settling on one.

FONlx

Reaction score
My dear friends, I'm going for my second pair of SC's, this time in suede.
Would greatly appreciate anyone's help if they can identify this suede?

Also would love to get your impute regarding sizing when getting a SC's suede shoe.. do you usually size down half or a full number with suede in SC's? I usually do over C&J and Carmina, but would love to hear your thoughts.
Thank you!

Attachments

• SC Mod 647.jpg
    SC Mod 647.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 125

Dannefalk

Reaction score

Also would love to get your impute regarding sizing when getting a SC's suede shoe.. do you usually size down half or a full number with suede in SC's? I usually do over C&J and Carmina, but would love to hear your thoughts.
Thank you!

Looks like KUD076 to me...

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you!
I have never heard of sizing down for suede.

FONlx

Reaction score

I have compared many swatch colours from SC's, and none matches.. but light sometimes makes a huge diference.
I have several other pics of this model, but they are all JAN maraca.
Comparing this pic to the KUD 076, the latter looks brighter.
I have taken this pic from this thread, years ago.. I reckon the owner of these must be a forum member, but I can't find it.

WilYa

Reaction score

Thank you!
I have the same pair,
I have the exact pair, made for Drakes I believe. It is JAN, could be JAN076 or tobacco, much warmer and brighter IRL

FONlx

Reaction score
I have never heard of sizing down for suede.

Suede shoes usually stretch more than other leathers. Yours don't? I find I have always to go down size, otherwise, along time, they will become too loose. But of course this will depend on the last, I suppose.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

I would agree that this one looks like KUD076. It also could pass for HUN076. It is definitely a medium-to-tobacco color.

I had also inquired about a suede leather with Philip Car at their last trunk show here in NY. He did mention the leather would stretch, but I was looking at an oxford (not my usual derby) so he said keep the same size. If memory serves, I believe he mentioned only the boots would require a half size down.

To be safe, I would just reach out to someone at SC before you make your decision concerning sizing and leather selection (model number).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads