• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Thanks, let us know how leather is I'm thinking the shrunken leather on my next pair
Thanks, maybe with time I can get them to your green / purple tie dye photoshop haha

haha, hmm.....i think i will do some photoshopping on your shoes :)

stupendous

Reaction score
Some photos, depth of color is amazing (CRU 5972 made a bit darker), classic last

In brighter light

these are so beautiful...wear them in good health!

shipping from LS today :

I love that sleek novello last. I am waiting for something from Made to Order - using the screwdriver last. next project will definitely be this last....gorgeous!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SonofGoldman: I would go with the classic for that shoe. A double monk is eye-catching enough that I feel a too aggressive of a last would make it look overdone and cheap looking. Just my opinion.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, let us know how leather is I'm thinking the shrunken leather on my next pair

this is my 2nd using the shrunken leather. it wears well & holds its shape.
the textures that run from pebbled to stretched in different areas of the shoe is what does it for me.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really loved that pair of buffalo double monks. The buffalo is similar to shrunken calf, but it is a little more subtle in texture. For whatever reason the areas lasted tight like the toe and heel seem to look smoother than the shrunken calf. It gives a really cool contrast to the high shine areas versus low shine (toe and heel vs. vamp and throat).

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of green, I tried on this pair at Leatherfoot and positively fell in love with them. They won't be my first pair of St. C's, but might well be my second.
orig.png

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nooooo....say no to the green, my friends

SonofGoldman

Reaction score

I really loved that pair of buffalo double monks. The buffalo is similar to shrunken calf, but it is a little more subtle in texture. For whatever reason the areas lasted tight like the toe and heel seem to look smoother than the shrunken calf. It gives a really cool contrast to the high shine areas versus low shine (toe and heel vs. vamp and throat).

You mean the one man ton ordered in blackish brown? What last was that?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I believe they were just plain black buffalo. I am pretty sure it was classic, or riva last. I think it was an Ethan Newton, or Armoury picture.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you mean the ones I ordered?

The Buffalo wasn't actually in the swatch book but Mark @ The Armoury recommended it. Very glad I took his advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads