• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JermynStreet

Reaction score

Mr. Pink

Reaction score

Beverly Hills LeatherSoulHawaii Trunk Show. I met finally met Phillip Carr in person. I could easily tell that he is passionate about StC shoes and his craft. He also had kind words for Carmina shoes and the owners. I learned a a lot about my feet and proper sizing.

StC shoes were something else to behold in person. I think my favorite was the U Cap and the Austerity in Burgundy, both chiseled last.

Drove up on Friday to see Phillip Carr. Very glad I did. He spent half an hour or more reviewing the fit of my one pair of St. Crispin's. Recommended, I drop down a size and go up a width on the right foot, and customized the last on both feet. Ordered these

I was looking for a very dark burgundy/oxblood which St. Crispin's doesn't have in their normal color pallete, but Phillip said that because the shoes were hand finished making them up wouldn't be a problem. All in all, a great experience.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Badsha, Mr. Pink, could you talk more about your fitting, process, examples of measurements taken? I would have loved to attend the trunk show

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Badsha, Mr. Pink, could you talk more about your fitting, process, examples of measurements taken? I would have loved to attend the trunk show

They were at Leather Soul Beverley Hills last weekend. And they had a trunk show last year around the same time. If we are lucky, probably next year the same time. Just have to drive/fly down to LA.

No measurements were taken. Just trying on different shoes, observe, and make recommendations. Mr Car is a very convincing fitter and I went with his recommendation.

The fitting process is far from bespoke.

SC do have bespoke options at slightly lower price points comparing to G&G. But G&G comes to SF twice a year.

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So I had the privilege of attending an StC trunk show hosted by Leatherfoot today. They visited Vancouver yesterday and today to show their beautiful collection. The vast collection of different styles and colors really helped me decide exactly what I truly wanted in real life, since looking at pictures online had me fumbling over myself with indecisiveness. Seriously, pictures anywhere don't do them justice at all. I was shocked when I stepped into the room and took a look at the shoes.

I had me fitted by Mr. Car and now I know what my size is and it's all in my file with StC so I can order a pair in the future. My extremely wide feet fit into a 9G but was tight on the instep and didn't close. Flatter feet made the waist a bit tight as well so Phillip suggested adding a patch on the last on these parts and as well as at the outer ball and a bunch of other modifications to really fit me well. Not bespoke but it seemed as though I would get the fit to around 93% at least. Phillip was very accommodating and the gentlemen of Leatherfoot were fantastic.

We had a good discussion and it was overall a very unique experience for me since this was my first trunk show! Thank you Leatherfoot and Phillip for coming such a long way to host the trunk show!

Here are some pictures I managed to snap with my camera phone... Please don't mind the cheap rubber bracelet on my wrist (special to me). I had decided to attend as I finished class for the day and was not prepared... I never wear expensive things to school so my wrist looks a little bare...

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful photos, seamless is so nice can't wait for my pair to be finished

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They were at Leather Soul Beverley Hills last weekend. And they had a trunk show last year around the same time. If we are lucky, probably next year the same time. Just have to drive/fly down to LA.

No measurements were taken. Just trying on different shoes, observe, and make recommendations. Mr Car is a very convincing fitter and I went with his recommendation.

The fitting process is far from bespoke.

SC do have bespoke options at slightly lower price points comparing to G&G. But G&G comes to SF twice a year.

thanks! I wasnt sure about the process but I think ill try to schedule a trip next time he is in socal or maybe bay area

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the wholecut is incredible. i never tire looking at

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads