1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Jul 22, 2011.

1. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Those are terrific, Wurger.

2. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Some eye candy from the LeatherFoot trunk show today:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quite a few of the models displayed were sporting synthetic or leather / synthetic soles. Might have had something to do with the snow outside. My first pair are now on order - a medium brown dress bootee with medallion, metal toe taps, slightly thicker leather sole, and brass initials, natch. Can't wait. My thanks to Mr. Carr and to the gracious hosts and hostess at LeatherFoot.

3. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

- duplicate -

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  4. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

How much did it costs in total? Do metal toe taps and brass nails usually cost extra? The last time at LeatherSoul I paid $1,600 and brass nail was included. I opted not to have metal taps, but am just curious if there are any upcharges.

5. SonofGoldman

SonofGoldman Active Member

Thanks for the pictures roger,

I'm kind of attracted to the green chukka with buckle strap to be honest. Seems like a nice innovation for a chukka boot. Maybe in dark brown though...

6. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I'll have to dig up the bill and see if that is itemized. I know that toe taps were extra - I just couldn't say how much off the top of my head.

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Learn to love the green! [​IMG] Seriously, I get that it's not for everyone. My first pair will be brown, as I mentioned, but my second will likely be a darker green single eyelet derby. I have strong representation of traditional colours in my rotation, so having a little fun is definitely in my future.

1 person likes this.
  8. SonofGoldman

SonofGoldman Active Member

Hah you don't have to convince me! I actually talked myself down from ordering green corthay gator shoes not too long ago I figured that at most an article of apparel should have one distinguishing factor - sort of a safety so that it doesn't overpower everything else.

I ended up ordering a full brogue in olive green with heavy burnishing. I don't want my trademark to be green shoes though so I think I'll limit it to just one!

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

LeatherSoul didn't charge me anything other than the last customization

10. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That all makes good sense to me. I don't foresee multiple green shoes for myself. Just one killer pair.

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

As for the extras - well the bill didn't itemize the individual cost, but there was a grand total of $100 surcharge over the list price of the in-stock store model, which embraced the following additions:

Toe taps,
    Brass initials,
    Customization of the arch support to address my low arch
    Thicker sole.

I can live with that. [​IMG]

First class treatment, and first class shoes. I'm a happy guy.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  12. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

I've always been convinced that Saint Crispin's has very reasonable pricing and price to quality ratio for their shoes.

2 people like this.
  13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

They are, undoubtedly, lovely shoes and they are exceptionally high quality, too.

But I don't know if you can say that a $1600 pair of shoes are reasonably priced.

14. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Depends on your frame of reference. How much nicer are a pair of $6k bespoke?

15. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Senior member

+1. I've had St.Cs that fit better, are better made, and are better finished than bespoke pairs I've received in the past.

16. wurger

wurger Senior member

I agree with you, if in reference to RTW standard lines from stock online vendors.

but if you get MTO with last modifications, with a little upcharge, it's sort of decent value.

17. Mr. Pink

Mr. Pink Senior member

Just arrived from the LSBH trunk show. Rounded U cap adelaide in dark bordeaux. Phillip Carr fit me in a 10.5F for the left foot, 10.0G for the right with last adjustments at the ball of foot of both shoes. Fit is the most perfect I have ever had in a shoe. I may have bought my last pair of shoes from anyone else.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Oh my, those are truly beautiful.

1 person likes this.
  19. meister

meister Senior member

+1K

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  20. meister

meister Senior member

I like those burgundy ones especially the last which I reckon would be tres confortable. It is reminiscent of a J&M Spade handmade from the 40s minus the shovel.