• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the heel gap bother you? It would drive me mad.

I've got a pair of Vass loafers with such a gap and I can't wear them. They feel and are too big.
Is that a gap? I thought it was the black ankle sock peeking through making it appear like a gap. From the top picture, the heel of the shoe appears to cradle @Encore's heel.
As @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes said, only minor gap there. Also, as I am wearing thin invisible socks, it I wear regular socks it's gonna fill a bit more.

the best leg

Reaction score
Does the mod403, 591,601,401, 402 and 620 boots have gusseted tongue? or which doesn't? thank you.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Does the mod403, 591,601,401, 402 and 620 boots have gusseted tongue? or which doesn't? thank you.
I'd say it's almost more dependent on what you ask for and i suspect also the material could potentially influence. Without discussing with Phil/Skoaktiebolaget about that details (and thus getting what i would imagine being default for each model/material) my 601 came without and my 621 came with. My 621 were in Bison and the tongue there was made of tone-in-tone soft goat or similar (that i reacted on initially but later on understood the point of given that one more layer of bison there wouldn't have been adding to the comfort). My 601 shaft is in JAN suede with a tongue in the same material

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin persimmon dyed denim. Tried Gustin out for the first time. Mixed feelings. Jeans are well made and unique but delivery took way longer than promised and they ran very small. I used my jean stretcher and I have lost 10 pounds since so now they work. They haven't been washed yet so who knows how much they'll shrink.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin persimmon dyed denim. Tried Gustin out for the first time. Mixed feelings. Jeans are well made and unique but delivery took way longer than promised and they ran very small. I used my jean stretcher and I have lost 10 pounds since so now they work. They haven't been washed yet so who knows how much they'll shrink.
Interesting, thanks!

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Crispin’s lasts look nicer to me than Edward Green’s, for sure.

Haven’t seen a Saint Crispin’s brown I like quite as much as Edward Green’s dark oak antique, though I think VNA 076 might fit the bill, haven’t seen it in person.
Not only do they “look nicer,” but they’re cut way better. The shapes mirror the foot much closer. If you get the right last for STC, you’ll never buy another shoe from anyone else again, unless you’re a psychotic, compulsive shoe addict like me.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.