• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

acapaca

Reaction score
I've got a pair of buckle boots on the Riva, and let me tell you, it's certainly not feminine!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of buckle boots on the Riva, and let me tell you, it's certainly not feminine!
Does StC even offer a last that leans on the feminine side of things? Novela I guess (that might not be the proper name for the last), but that's just an elongated last.

Psyko

Reaction score
IMHO Crompton's 524s look more masculine and aggressive compared to the ones on the classic last. The Riva last partly mimicks this effect, though.

Cuebert

Reaction score
Anyone interested in these beauties? They are a UK7 so unfortunately too small for me.
The Review and History of these exact shoes can be found in Simon's Blog-Post *here*

IMG_2979.jpgIMG_2977.jpgIMG_2971.jpgIMG_2981.jpgIMG_2972.jpgIMG_2978.jpgIMG_2983.jpg

Last edited:

BigSkyBean

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am in the final stages of fitting for a pair of Saint Crispin's 522c for my wedding this September. Phillip has been incredibly insightful and attentive but I felt in need of additional input regarding the shoe color.

My suit is a mid blue navy, and Phillip has recommended CRU609 due to the formality of the occasion (and his self-admitted European preconceptions). The thing is, the wedding aesthetic is somewhat rustic almost like a fall garden party and I feel that the CRU609 is a bit too formal as an extremely dark brown.

Thus I am waffling between CRU606, CRU607 and CRU608. I welcome any and all opinions/personal experience with any of these colors and their pairing with a mid blue suit.

the suit linked above is the closest comparison I can give to the suit, my future father-in-law was kind enough to have me fitted for a bespoke suit by his tailor and I have my first fitting in two weeks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.