• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Does St.C charge for their relasting service? Also, did anyone have a negative experience during the relasting process?

(In case anyone is wondering, I changed my profile picture until I lose 30 lbs)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does St.C charge for their relasting service? Also, did anyone have a negative experience during the relasting process?

They relast the shoes when sending back for a recraft and there is a cost depending on work being done. Are you just wanting to change the size or something?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What would you need done? A total refurbish?
They have a price list of different types of repairs.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
They relast the shoes when sending back for a recraft and there is a cost depending on work being done. Are you just wanting to change the size or something?
What would you need done? A total refurbish?
They have a price list of different types of repairs.

There are just some sizing issues. The shoes are still pretty new, and don't need a new sole. I already sent them in, and got them back. They relasted them on my last with the new adjustments. They did not charge me anything for this (which is quite nice of them). The downside is that I need some substantial fit adjustments, so the relating did not solve all the issues. That is not their fault. I just got some dam weird feet.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are just some sizing issues. The shoes are still pretty new, and don't need a new sole. I already sent them in, and got them back. They relasted them on my last with the new adjustments. They did not charge me anything for this (which is quite nice of them). The downside is that I need some substantial fit adjustments, so the relating did not solve all the issues. That is not their fault. I just got some dam weird feet.
Sounds like you almost need a completely new shoe...

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Sounds like you almost need a completely new shoe...
Yup, The fit is not intolerable. The only big issue is some heel looseness (worse in the left shoe). I can still wear the shoes, but the only way to get a perfect fitting shoe is to order a new one (or maybe have them gut the shoe down to just the uppers and remake them) But at that point might as well get a new pair.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, The fit is not intolerable. The only big issue is some heel looseness (worse in the left shoe). I can still wear the shoes, but the only way to get a perfect fitting shoe is to order a new one (or maybe have them gut the shoe down to just the uppers and remake them) But at that point might as well get a new pair.
Yeah, that was going to be my next question. Can you wear them, maybe add tongue pads to push your foot back into the heel and then do a resole/ relast when ready?

Patrick1053

Reaction score
Yeah, that was going to be my next question. Can you wear them, maybe add tongue pads to push your foot back into the heel and then do a resole/ relast when ready?
Yup, wearable, The other issues were excessive arch support and pinching in my right pinky toe. Those issues are better now after the relating. I had not thought of a tongue pad, but I think that might help, The laces are closed all the way right now, so the tongue pad won't make a crazy V gap. Thank you, sir.

Patrick1053

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some feedback here. What last (specifically the toe shape) should I use for a pair of wholecuts?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some feedback here. What last (specifically the toe shape) should I use for a pair of wholecuts?
If not classic then chiseled or even b-chiseled
Have to agree with @jischwar. I would imagine the classic last should be nice. The B-chiseled last is more of a statement piece which should make them stand out.
Basically, you want a subtle look go classic, and if you want to turn heads select the B-chisel.

And in case you are wondering, no I don't have a wholecut from them. Were I to purchase one though, either aniline in Navy (darkest navy available) or Black would suit my tastes.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy