• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cOcqTpm.jpg

These are just lovely for a fall day.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the inca leather and can comment on its stretch?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you that own both the Mod 633 (classic last - Russian Calf) and EG Dover (606 last -Doak) NST derbies, which shoe do you prefer and why?

https://www.saintcrispins.com/produ...rby-with-hand-stitched-apron/#&gid=null&pid=2

https://www.edwardgreen.com/shop/dover-dark-oak-antique-calf-606-last.html

From the photos, the Russian Calf looks similar to EG’s Utah leather. Would someone be able to provide more information about RUS? Is it a hand stained or aniline Calf?

The other major difference I see is that the EG 606 is a square toe whilst the StC classic last is round.

I know the Dover is an iconic shoe but haven’t seen the StC IRL. Just got my first pair of StC and is open to getting another.

I own a few pairs of shoes, but never owned a St. Crispin’s. These just arrived and, if I’m honest, I’m absolutely shocked. Everything is impressive. The tailored contours of the last, the attention to detail, the sole tapering, the upper material. Holy ****. Will most assuredly not be my last pair of STC.

P.S.: These 633 models outperform any of my EG Dovers, irrespective of last (they’re most similar to the 82 last, however, in their overall refined and contoured last, just not as pointy or elongated as the 82).

777D7BDF-5943-4C03-9CAB-0127329830DA.jpeg
649C0E12-6803-4198-9B48-843360FEE36C.jpeg
F9FB9A93-0DBD-4EE0-A60C-B7FCA2045AAA.jpeg
A89F61B4-A529-46CD-B596-CC96E266AB16.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a few pairs of shoes, but never owned a St. Crispin’s. These just arrived and, if I’m honest, I’m absolutely shocked. Everything is impressive. The tailored contours of the last, the attention to detail, the sole tapering, the upper material. Holy ****. Will most assuredly not be my last pair of STC.

P.S.: These 633 models outperform any of my EG Dovers, irrespective of last (they’re most similar to the 82 last, however, in their overall refined and contoured last, just not as pointy or elongated as the 82).

View attachment 1498525 View attachment 1498526 View attachment 1498527 View attachment 1498528

Ah another of the usual EG boys getting a feel for StCs!! For those that do not know, @George Red is one of the biggest posters on the EG thread. Welcome to the team good sir ?. Long time do not see (been a while I did not post over there).

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1498525 View attachment 1498526 View attachment 1498527 View attachment 1498528
Fantastic!

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah another of the usual EG boys getting a feel for StCs!! For those that do not know, @George Red is one of the biggest posters on the EG thread. Welcome to the team good sir ?. Long time do not see (been a while I did not post over there).
Thank you, my friend. Now I’m scavenging the internet for more STC. Hard to find, oddly enough.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Crispin’s lasts look nicer to me than Edward Green’s, for sure.

Haven’t seen a Saint Crispin’s brown I like quite as much as Edward Green’s dark oak antique, though I think VNA 076 might fit the bill, haven’t seen it in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads