• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forseti6

Reaction score

From Leffot

Riva Last, Pale Lilac Calf/Grey Suede, Wood Pegged Soles

I actually ended up buying these from Leffot. I have a minor obsession with boots, and I've never seen anything like these before, so I just bought them.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I actually ended up buying these from Leffot. I have a minor obsession with boots, and I've never seen anything like these before, so I just bought them.

Not huge on the colour but pretty voluptuous.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not feeling those Leffot St C's, sorry. the description says the color is pale lilac, so there's a chance it looks even worse in person as it does in the photo, where it looks fairly grayish to my eyes

forseti6

Reaction score

not feeling those Leffot St C's, sorry. the description says the color is pale lilac, so there's a chance it looks even worse in person as it does in the photo, where it looks fairly grayish to my eyes

No need to apologize. We're all entitled to opinions.
Despite it being described as pale lilac, it's pretty much a standard grey.

Fiddler

Reaction score
I reckon going over that lilac with some saphir navy on a regular basis will yield interesting results.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I reckon going over that lilac with some saphir navy on a regular basis will yield interesting results.

This maybe even black

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know why more shoemakers don't use flat laces

Agreed - they look so much better than the thin, round waxed laces.

It's a pity that they're not easy to obtain. I've ordered a bulk lot of brown and black flat waxed laces from Valmour in France before, as I included it with a load of Saphir creme and polish at the same time, but if I was just to order laces by themselves from Valmour, the postage would not make it worthwhile. I think that A Fine Pair of Shoes also stocks flat, waxed laces but I'm not sure of their shipping costs.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Corthay uses them. Also The Hanger Project carries them as well. Barker Black has them also.

cgo

Reaction score
Justin from the Shoe Snob sells them and they are great. Good price too

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
His blog is interesting. I wonder what he is like as a person, because the tone of his articles I find... well, strange.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

His blog is interesting. I wonder what he is like as a person, because the tone of his articles I find... well, strange.

I asked Justin a few questions about shoe care and leather quality on facebook, he always replies promptly and nicely. :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads