• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
yes, good looking model, wear only in good health

Last edited:

maczach

Reaction score
Internet WWW has allowed everyone with internet to have an opinion. We all can agree to disgree but lets not forget what brought us all here in the first place.

You do realize this is you posting your opinion here right? I have seen this comment more than once. Funny thing is this is how we have a discussion, by expressing our thoughts, and discussion is good.

But, yes, maybe this is too far, more StC shoes needed in this thread.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I followed all the "sartorial rules" :cool2:

20160413_170506.jpg
20160425_141743.jpg
20160613_121824a.jpg
20170828_113336.jpg
20180822_105127.jpg
20161219_155244.jpg

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit is better than @Patrick1053 experienced. Maybe a little right on my pinky toes. The leather on these shoes creases very easily. Does anyone have a view on whether this creasing is in the correct place?
View attachment 1393967
The creasing looks normal to me. Those laces look like they are tightened all the way. How does that feel?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The creasing looks normal to me. Those laces look like they are tightened all the way. How does that feel?
Good point. It is not tight at all. I will need a lower instep, I guess.

Agree that the creasing looks fine. They are trial shoes so the leather here will react differently than the finished article. Those laces close almost too easily, visually that is, and you mentioned they are not tight. Probably a lower instep would not be a bad idea.

I haven't seen pictures of the rest of the fit, but you aren't far off from making them up.

Mallaig

Reaction score
Agree that the creasing looks fine. They are trial shoes so the leather here will react differently than the finished article. Those laces close almost too easily, visually that is, and you mentioned they are not tight. Probably a lower instep would not be a bad idea.

I haven't seen pictures of the rest of the fit, but you aren't far off from making them up.
Here are a few more pictures. In the last one I’m indicating where my pinky toe is against the side of the shoe. As you say, these are very close.

66C33FA4-EE69-4C37-B000-923295A5750D.jpeg
3A348752-0059-43B6-8398-C5C8C5289DE5.jpeg
DDFA9BFA-4FAF-4E58-BD8E-BBC5A350DB51.jpeg
25BE8395-3599-4451-8941-6ADCEBB997BB.jpeg
13619AE1-3254-4A99-9D5F-750117CEDB5B.jpeg

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One comment I have is the laces are full closed - not a good idea for the future as that space will give you an important adjustment space - not only for the intra-day changes in the foot, but also to compensate for socks and leather stretch and adjustments over time. Just my personal options...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it look like I am in search for a dad or a teacher or a preacher ? Did I even ask for an opinion ?

?
I must admit I’m a constant violator of sartorial splendor as it were. It is a result of my faulty belief in the personal rule of only dressing for my personal pleasure. I buy what I want, and mix and match it the way I want to. It’s nice to see all of the nice shoes, and clothes as well as the ways that others match things together too. I get it there is an accepted way to do things, but seem to not really like them most of the time. So, for me I choose to go my own way, it’s cool if others don’t like it. After all, it’s really not that important in the grand scheme of things. :thumbs-up:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more pictures. In the last one I’m indicating where my pinky toe is against the side of the shoe. As you say, these are very close.

View attachment 1394052 View attachment 1394053 View attachment 1394054 View attachment 1394055 View attachment 1394056

Fit looks solid all the way around aside from the extra space in the instep, as mentioned previously, and the forefoot area near the pinky.

@daizawaguy mentioned the intra-day changes that occur to the foot. If your pinky toe is digging into that part of the shoe, expect that to exacerbate by the end of the day. Were you to use thicker socks, I would imagine it could turn painful.

Couldnt hurt to perhaps add an addition there or inquire about one. I have one myself from a similar fit issue, and it works like a charm. I would send that picture over Philips way.

Last edited:

Mallaig

Reaction score
Fit looks solid all the way around aside from the extra space in the instep, as mentioned previously, and the forefoot area near the pinky.

@daizawaguy mentioned the intra-day changes that occur to the foot. If your pinky toe is digging into that part of the foot, expect that to exacerbate by the end of the day. Were you to use thicker socks, I would imagine it could turn painful.

Couldnt hurt to perhaps add an addition there or inquire about one. I have one myself from a similar fit issue, and it works like a charm. I would send that picture over Philips way.
Thanks. I shared these and a handful more with Phillip. I’ll talk to him next Week and discuss the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics