• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Terminator

Reaction score
Thank you! They all look great!

Already having 609 in my 633s, I’m minded to go 607 or 608 for the Oxford. 607 certainly seems less ordered than 606, 608 and 609 for some reason?

sdfzs

Reaction score
Thank you! They all look great!

Already having 609 in my 633s, I’m minded to go 607 or 608 for the Oxford. 607 certainly seems less ordered than 606, 608 and 609 for some reason?
Well is 607 even official nowadays? While i didn't have any issues doing my pair on 607 some years back and there quite a few images out there with examples it's not for example available in the customization tool

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Natural shell?

Heading to NYC now for the trunk show to commission my first pair.
Indeed they are natural shell! Can't wait to see them in person.

What are you planning on for your first pair? I totally recommend getting fitted in person to nail down any last modifications you might need.

DL120

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m in talks with Phillip now designing my first MTO (3rd pair of StC).
I want the mod633FN, with a goyza/goyzer bal to bal welt. Phillip referred to this as a stormwelt. The box of my chukka boots that have this welt call it the goyza.

2 questions for the experts here:
1. What’s the FN stand for on the 633FN vs 633. I notice it has the external split toe stitch, but curious what FN is.
2. what is the welt called in the attached image? Is this a goyza, or storm welt or are they one in the same?

Attachments

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Hi all

I want the mod633FN, with a goyza/goyzer bal to bal welt. Phillip referred to this as a stormwelt. The box of my chukka boots that have this welt call it the goyza.

1. What’s the FN stand for on the 633FN vs 633. I notice it has the external split toe stitch, but curious what FN is.
2. what is the welt called in the attached image? Is this a goyza, or storm welt or are they one in the same?
The difference between the 633 and the 633FN is the 633 has a “lowered top line” or a more sleek vamp. Also, I may be wrong, but the welt in the image seems to be a storm welt.

sdfzs

Reaction score
Hi all

I need to pass on the exact meaning of "FN" but the 633FN is a rather different animal compared to the standard 633. As you already have seen the front seam of the 633FN is different from the normal skin stitch and also complemented with one row of stitches on each side. Somewhat similar as the 508 in terms of stitching but with a reverse direction of the surplus leather around the front seam.

DL120

Reaction score
I need to pass on the exact meaning of "FN" but the 633FN is a rather different animal compared to the standard 633. As you already have seen the front seam of the 633FN is different from the normal skin stitch and also complemented with one row of stitches on each side. Somewhat similar as the 508 in terms of stitching but with a reverse direction of the surplus leather around the front seam.
Thank you for the reply.
I actually have the 508 in burg hunt suede. The 508 is a machine stitch, so a very smooth stitching where I prefer the hand stitch texture created along the seam. Just adds a bit of detail that catches the eye.

will definitely keep you all posted as I get my MTO ordered with Phillip this week (fingers crossed)!

kevinsvindland

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%