• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
What sizes were available? Anyone willing to proxy?
sorry but they went very quickly...I think only the small (5-6) and big (11) sizes are left over.
I was lucky enough to grab a sand suede oxford (503), a brown suede chukka and a brown inca grain split toe derby (575).

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry but they went very quickly...I think only the small (5-6) and big (11) sizes are left over.
I was lucky enough to grab a sand suede oxford (503), a brown suede chukka and a brown inca grain split toe derby (575).

Well done. I had a prior commitment and made it there just before lunchtime, and snagged these beauties. I'd have probably amended my schedule if I knew what I was in for...

IMG_1386.JPG

These were the only pair of size 11s at noon on Thursday - I think there was one pair of 11.5 chukkas and something in a 12.

DapperPhysician

Reaction score
Just checking out this thread and was wondering if there's a way to figure out my size without necessarily being fitted in person or it's really recommended to be fitted in person.

Also wanted to see the differences between the lasts in a way that shoes the differences clearly.

I also wonder why many of the boots have a V on the vamp.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just checking out this thread and was wondering if there's a way to figure out my size without necessarily being fitted in person or it's really recommended to be fitted in person.

Also wanted to see the differences between the lasts in a way that shoes the differences clearly.

I also wonder why many of the boots have a V on the vamp.

Email [email protected]. We have trial shoes we can send out if you do not live close to a StC retailer.

BespokeBeirut

Reaction score
MOU has a rather subtle grain structure and is my view thinner than INC which has a much coarser structure. Both leather will stretch to a smooth surface on the toe box when lasted. So far MOU has been incredible easy to maintain and i doubt that will change.

MOU074 below (with Jan Maraca shaft)

wqxP35S.jpg

These are spectacular. Does the shaft stop with the three speed hooks, or are there additional eyelets above?

sdfzs

Reaction score
These are spectacular. Does the shaft stop with the three speed hooks, or are there additional eyelets above?

The StC 601 is a 8 hole pattern and i opted for 4 hidden eyelets (my default on oxford and balmoral style) and 4 speed hooks just for the convenience. They are likely to do accommodate different requests on eyelets and potentially even shaft height although the later might come with a surcharge if considered a pattern change. Noticeable is that the StC shaft is significantly shorter than for example the Carlos Santos field boot (left) also sporting 4+4 and slightly lower than Gaziano & Girling Thorpe with 9 pairs of hidden eyelets (middle)

B2Zf3US.jpg

BespokeBeirut

Reaction score
There is something satisfyingly elegant about the shorter shaft, at least on the shelf, but that may have a lot to do with the fine sweep it makes from the boot.

My next StC order was to be a plain-toe loafer, but you've, intentionally or not, made a strong case for a balmoral boot. Theirs is such damn fine footwear.

The StC 601 is a 8 hole pattern and i opted for 4 hidden eyelets (my default on oxford and balmoral style) and 4 speed hooks just for the convenience. They are likely to do accommodate different requests on eyelets and potentially even shaft height although the later might come with a surcharge if considered a pattern change. Noticeable is that the StC shaft is significantly shorter than for example the Carlos Santos field boot (left) also sporting 4+4 and slightly lower than Gaziano & Girling Thorpe with 9 pairs of hidden eyelets (middle)

B2Zf3US.jpg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads