• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't have a picture of the model. I didn't consider Vass at all honestly. It sounds weird, but I like getting my shoes from places local and with Vass you just can't do that.

Full bespoke is still considerably more expensive than St. Crispin iirc.

G&G's I love the look and styling of a lot of their stock models, but unfortunately the pair I have is by far the most uncomfortable shoe I own. I rarely wear them if I am going to be on my feet for a long time. Don't know what it is, but I have a high tolerance for uncomfortable footwear also so this is telling.

ezlau

Reaction score
So I mailed my pair of shoes for last adjusting to Phillip recently through USPS, and the last information on the tracking info was on April 17th, showing "Arrival at pick-up point" and Phillip has not received it yet.

In hindsight, I should have shipped it through DHL as suggested by Phillip :( Anyone has experience shipping to the StC office before (using whichever postal service) care to discuss?

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I mailed my pair of shoes for last adjusting to Phillip recently through USPS, and the last information on the tracking info was on April 17th, showing "Arrival at pick-up point" and Phillip has not received it yet.

In hindsight, I should have shipped it through DHL as suggested by Phillip :( Anyone has experience shipping to the StC office before (using whichever postal service) care to discuss?

What method of USPS? Priority or Express Mail? Priority can take up to 1 month.

Ilovelobbs

Reaction score
What method of USPS? Priority or Express Mail? Priority can take up to 1 month.

It does happen - all it takes is a metal steel toe cap on the shoes and metal detectors at the airport be in melt down. Customs be holding on to them forever. (and maybe wearing them ;-) ...

The Boston bombing effect....

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
Ah, yes. Phillip. I don't know why I thought Allen for a second. Regular calf with custom trees is $1,650 at Leffot. I don't know what the upcharge is for shell. I suggest you contact Leffot directly. Steven said he hadn't worked it out yet. I ordered it anyway and just put down $1,000 in cash as a down payment.
The price for shell cordovan with Saint-Crispin's is by request and is more or less dependant on supply. You can always e-mail LeatherFoot at [email protected] to request an exact price, and we would be happy to get back to you without delay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads