• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair play, in my opinion there is no prefection, only reasonableness. Especially with shoe purchase it should be fun and not strict like maths

Perfection is found within the imperfections.

Guess I have a more industrial mind and love to find out the process, construction, and the serviceability, and trying to control the imperfection within to achieve perfection. Thus my decision to go with G&G bespoke despite adoring JB's SC NST very very much...

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, St. Crispin's addressed the issue of excessive creasing by rasping my last across the forepart of the foot. This resulted in less "headroom" across the vamp and eliminated the problem for me. As stated by others, the beauty of the StC program is multiple adjustments possible from their stock lasts, although in practice this does require a bit of experimentation.

Inbound for me in a few weeks: chukkas in dark brown buffalo :slayer:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wondering if anyone has seen this StC boot or this leather used to make it in real life.
i have an opportunity to scarf it up and was looking for opinions.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The ridgeway sole will be a much better choice for snow and ice. It looks more obvious on the boot, but adds real traction. I like Danite alot, but it can be slippery on ice.
Jerry,

The pictures of these boots on Leather Soul make it appear that these are less of a Cigar and more of a Cognac color. I ask because I know lighting can have an affect as to how they look as well. Did you specify Cigar, or is this the color they are depicting as well?

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jerry,

The pictures of these boots on Leather Soul make it appear that these are less of a Cigar and more of a Cognac color. I ask because I know lighting can have an affect as to how they look as well. Did you specify Cigar, or is this the color they are depicting as well?

I specified cigar and in real life the crup looks identical to lighter shades of Alden cigar. I think StC went to the trouble of matching the skins b/c the two Boots match perfectly. This is something EG does very well also.

I'm not sure if they have any left, however. I'm having a loafer made in crup and cigar was not an option at the time of ordering.....

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I specified cigar and in real life the crup looks identical to lighter shades of Alden cigar. I think StC went to the trouble of matching the skins b/c the two Boots match perfectly. This is something EG does very well also.

I'm not sure if they have any left, however. I'm having a loafer made in crup and cigar was not an option at the time of ordering.....
Thanks.

I wondered if availibility might by be an issue with some colors.

Unfortunately Bryan wasn't in when I called, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to speak with him.

Last edited:

gusvs

Reaction score
For everyone in Scandinavia interested in Saint Crispin's:

A trunkshow (together with Meermin) in Stockholm is confirmed on Friday and Saturday, May 3 + 4, 2013

Bizapartment Gärdet
Sehlstedtsgatan 4
115 28 Stockholm

Event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/141921235983218/

For appointments please contact Phillip Car.

/Gustaf

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I spoke with Shane at Leather Soul today in Hawaii and he wasn't sure they would be able to do this on Dainite or not. He's checking and I hope to hear back from him on Monday or Tuesday.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...17967071.38950.174207002619946&type=3&theater

As of late last year it was still possible. It works well to my eyes- not my shoes, but a pic from their site. These might be vibram or Danite....
This appears to be their default options now:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.174528559254457.33013.174207002619946&type=3

They list a vibram sole but not a Dainite.

Not to much of a fan of this vibram sole, hopefully they'll be able to do something for me.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All details ironed out.

Nothing left to do but wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads