• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

One boot to rule them all. :D

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Fantastic makeup. Well done sir!
You keep raising the bar on this thread!

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP

Is that the PC Boot from Leather Soul and you happened to darken the toe?

Also, I believe you have a Bonafé pair in the same concept (executed slightly differently).

I'm confused about the Chukka. It was or wasn't bespoke? Phillip made tweaks for you to a RTW model?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boot above is from M Classic 101. The finish is as it was from St. C.

The Chukka was a custom order through Leatherfoot - fitted by Philip car at their trunk show with a couple tweeks to the classic last in 8.5 G. It was my first pair of St. C.

The suede Ghilllies were a RTW purchase from Leatherfoot.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the Bonafe pair are similar in that they are a double leather soled, chisel toed derby boot, but they are solid tan in colour.

These St C.s are arguably very close to my Galways, but they look sufficiently different to me on the hoof that I am not concerned.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Burnished - see close-up pic from vendor below:
medium800.jpg
My pics in natural light really make the colour and contrast pop. Though there is no question that the dark burnished toe is indeed high contrats, it appears slightly less so in the indoor pics from the vendor.
medium800.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Quote:
Burnished - see close-up pic from vendor below:
medium800.jpg
My pics in natural light really make the colour and contrast pop. Though there is no question that the dark burnished toe is indeed high contrats, it appears slightly less so in the indoor pics from the vendor.
medium800.jpg
Can I have the specifics of this boot, Rog? Thanks!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'l post up the box info for you when I get home later, but until then here is the page from mclassic 101: http://mclassic101.myshopify.com/products/saint-crispins-cap-toe-jumper-boots First full wearing today. Stiff, as one would expect from a wide, thick double sole - so a bit of a Frankenstein step as both the sole and shaft break in. But otherwise they feel great, and look terrific! This lady on the commuter train this morning totally could not stop staring at them. :)

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Quote:
I'l post up the box info for you when I get home later, but until then here is the page from mclassic 101: http://mclassic101.myshopify.com/products/saint-crispins-cap-toe-jumper-boots First full wearing today. Stiff, as one would expect from a wide, thick double sole - so a bit of a Frankenstein step as both the sole and shaft break in. But otherwise they feel great, and look terrific! This lady on the commuter train this morning totally could not stop staring at them. :)
Thanks, Roger. That is a stunning boot.

mclassic101

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I have the specifics of this boot, Rog? Thanks!

Here you go :)

Model 591 / Sailor Last
VNA calf upper & RUS calf shaft
360 Novegese Handwelt w/ stormwelt
12mm double leather sole with metal toe inlay

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice boot. I think with the heavily burnished toe and norvogese stitch though that I might find it more visually appealing if the shaft was the same calf as the rest and not a hatchgrain. it seems busy. or...if the whole thing was hatch.

you should offer up a fit pic. might change my mind.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One boot to rule them all.
biggrin.gif

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg
Awesome, I do so Luvs that boot. Whether it be in calf or cordovan. That PC Boot sure be special.

Congrats Roger.

Last edited:

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a lot going on with the boot, no doubt. But I have plenty of boots that are comparatively conservative and monochrome for when either the mood or occasion dictate such a choice. These appealed precisely because they are bold. And different. And expressive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads