• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SS09 Band of Outsiders has arrived at Farinelli's

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I wish the farinellis buy had more color. Also, they're nice shirts. I don't know where i'd be without the white one i have. If anyone wants the size small blue holiday collection one from a year ago, i think i'm gonna sell it as it's a bit too snug.

If someone sees the plum or ocean blue in medium (or small. i forget how the overdyes run. i'll ask sabrosa i guess) for a good price lemme know.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
for me I usually buy an XL in anything, but I can wear a L in the heavy overdye oxfords and be ok, even length wise. for the baristas/the non oxfords I HAVE to do an XL, with the exception being the non button down collar 2 pocket shirts, which a L works

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Both the regular cloth and overdyed oxfords seem to fit me very similarly, at least to the same degree where I wear a small in both fabrics. Maybe the oxfords seem slightly smaller because of the heavier fabric? I didn't break out a measuring tape, but I laid both on top of each other and they appeared to be the same size.

The only BoO shirt I've tried on that required sizing up to a medium was the white pique with black buttons from a little while back. That shirt was noticeably tighter in the chest and cuffs and seemed to be a bit shorter as well.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no way a band of outsiders shirt is too long unless you oversized yours. i'm wearing extra small and i'm pretty sure people sometimes assume i'm wearing my little brothers shirt thats how slim fitting it is.

i also noticed a lot of band of outsiders went on sale recently mostly at sw you could have had a overdye for $59.50 instead of $230. although i've paid retail for a few already almost a year ago.

touchthesky

Reaction score
@chrono
The overdye oxfords shirts, I find, fit the same as the regular oxford shirts. The holiday overdye shirts though fit slimmer than the regular overdye oxford shirts, at least the ones from Fall 08.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's some variation... I have the black and plum overdyes and the plum is much slimmer.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These shirts are early arrivals I have about 10 more colors coming.

Emily didn't take the pics so they werent done really well. The Goats sister isn't a great photographer and I am NOT a great model.

Look her eis the deal with these shirts ... If you liek them and it's you buy them if you don't understand them dont havte on them . it's that simple.

I am offering the style forum discount so take advantage of a good thing.
best,
mauro

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I dont' want to be a ***** and buy a medium though, but i have to accept it i guess.
Hey Al you skinny whore, I normally fit a medium in BoO but in the plum overdye oxford I had to go up to a large, and it still fits mighty slim. I was told it's because the dyeing process uses very hot water that shrinks the fabric more than normal.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
This sound gay, but next time we're hanging out and you're wearing that overdyed shirt, i'm gonna try that mothefucker on.

Public shirt swap?
laugh.gif

Haha, I was going to PM you saying you're welcome to try it on sometime, but yeah, this will work too.

constantine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
i also noticed a lot of band of outsiders went on sale recently mostly at sw you could have had a overdye for $59.50 instead of $230. although i've paid retail for a few already almost a year ago.

sw?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads