• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SS OCBD, at reasonable prices, any suggestions?

photofabix

Reaction score
If this has been asked to death, I apologize, I try to use the search button as much as possible and keep questions to a minimum. I'm looking for short sleeve casual ocbd's both in white and light blue (100% cotton) but at reasonable prices IE: under 80 dollars. I'm striking out big time, I tried the usual suspects (Goodwill, Target, TJ Max, Ross, & even got desperate enough to look at Wal-Mart) Online I've looked at Gap and only see long sleeve, LL Bean looks like all they have is wrinkle resist which I would like to stay away from. Anyone have any other suggestions?

SykoFreak

Reaction score
Have you considered MTM? The oxfords are $45 at www.tailorstore.com You can customize the inner and outer sleeve length and armhole opening width. Downside is the shirts take about 4 weeks from order to delivery. Also it may take you a couple of tries to get the measurements right, but eventually you ought to be able to end up with a perfect fit.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SykoFreak
Have you considered MTM? The oxfords are $45 at www.tailorstore.com You can customize the inner and outer sleeve length and armhole opening width. Downside is the shirts take about 4 weeks from order to delivery. Also it may take you a couple of tries to get the measurements right, but eventually you ought to be able to end up with a perfect fit.
Thanks for the link, I was actually looking at them last night, I just don't think I can wait 4 weeks. The only thing I have that fits me right now are a couple of AA tees, I need clothes bad lol. Loosing weight has left me with one empty closet.

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Land's end has quite a few ... I bought them a while ago and they are great.

I just checked there, all they have is 60/40, seems next to impossible to find all cotton.

Steggy

Reaction score
i would say jcrew, but i don't think they will start having them until further into the spring/summer

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went buckwild at uniqlo last year - white seersucker, green floral print, dark blue seersucker, light blue seersucker, polka dot (not pictured):

080801.jpg

080718a.jpg

080628.jpg

080625.jpg

photofabix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I went buckwild at uniqlo last year - white seersucker, green floral print, dark blue seersucker, light blue seersucker, polka dot (not pictured):
I like the bottom two shirts even though there not ocbd, I wish Uniqlo would expand I would really like to check there store out.
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Well, I missed the boat on this one. Didn't notice till afterwards that the post calls for oxford cloth. Here's one, this is thrifted though.
I need to find another Thrift shop, all that's in my immediate area is Goodwill, and they don't usually have much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads