1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Spurr ??

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Innocent Bystander, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

Yea, I'd say the cut is kinda close to a '47 501... slimmer than the 501 on sale today probably.

2. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

How much shrinkage can be expected in the inseam? I planned to soak mine before getting them hemmed, I'd rather wear them with a fairly clean break without much stacking or cuffing.

3. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    I wouldnt soak anything but thats just me.

The bootcut is the only button fly jean. The classic and the pipe are zippers.

I will be interviewing Simon sometime this month for the blog.

His shit is expensive but damn is it nice.

4. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

Mauro, do you think the inseam shrinkage would be minimal? I was under the impression that they were raw and bleed a lot.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

They're sanforized. Sanforized doesn't shrink like no-wash.

6. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

Thanks Who, I suppose I'll take them to get hemmed straight away then.

7. whodini

whodini Senior member

I'd give them an extra half inch or so extra on the inseam when hemming. You can take back a fair amount on the inseam by stretching them out while still wet but some people prefer to either not do that or be more safe than sorry.

8. Mauro

shrinkage for most sanforized denim ( rule of thumb is ) 1% to 5% shrinkage of total lenght.
    I would leave and extra half inch.
    try not to wash them they will break in nice.
    If you want to get them dak turn them inside outside and machine wash cold for 20min.
    You will be good to go.

Best,
    Mauro

9. whodini

whodini Senior member

Isn't that what you/I just said in the post above?

10. Mauro

Isn't that what you/I just said in the post above?

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

12. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

13. grundletaint

Here you go. The light in my apartment at night and my aging camera kept me from getting any good full jean shots but here are a few:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've had these for about 2 years now and they've been in a 5-7 jean rotation during that time. I'm the rare non-fadejockey who prefers his jeans more pristine than beat up. That said, these have developed a beautiful, rich blue with nice fading around the seams and edges. And Mauro is exactly right when he says these feel like butter.

Now, don't get me started about my Spurr slimfit selvage chinos...

what's the stretching factor of these? is there much movement as they break in?

14. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

Yeah, they probably stretched an inch or so. They were relatively tight when I got them and they loosened up after 10-15 wears or so. I did get mine two years ago but they have the same yellowline selvage as the new ones Mauro is selling, so I'm assuming the denim has held constant.

15. father's room

father's room Senior member

just got my Spurr pipe leg in sz 31 from Mauro and the waist fits good not tight ( I am 32 waist sz), but everything else fits very tight. I am afraid that the waist will stretch out more than other areas.

16. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

just got my Spurr pipe leg in sz 31 from Mauro and the waist fits good not tight ( I am 32 waist sz), but everything else fits very tight. I am afraid that the waist will stretch out more than other areas.

I got my 32's today and mine are about the same fit as your 31's. Not much diff between the 31 and 32 I guess. I hope the waist doesn't stretch on mine either. I also usually wear size 32. 30 in APC's. Weird.

17. grundletaint

mine should be here this week. size 32 and i wear a 32, sometimes a 31. do the 32s actually measure 16"?

fingers crossed......

18. jsg28

jsg28 Senior member

I too got a pair of pipe today. Waist is great but they are surprisingly slim in the thigh area. Will that area stretch?

19. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

mine should be here this week. size 32 and i wear a 32, sometimes a 31. do the 32s actually measure 16"?

fingers crossed......

size 32: waist 16.5, front 9.75, back 13.5, thigh 10.75, knee 8.25, hem 8, inseam 34.25

20. Smokestack

Smokestack Senior member

I think I remember mine being fine in the waist and tight in the thighs as well. Rest easy, guys...the thighs ended up giving a little and fitting perfectly.