• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spurr ??

kinggimp

Reaction score
just picked up this pair of pipe legs for about 70 bucks, but was worried about how tight they are in the thighs. they're practically painted on, but i'm hoping they will stretch. anyone with some insight for me? thanks!
biggrin.gif

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

p.s. do these look like skinny jeans to most people? i prefer slim over skinny, but sometimes the lines can be blurred

babump

Reaction score
^To me, skinny = taper below the knee. These do not look skinny to me.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pipe legs are weird, the thighs are extremely skinny but the leg opening is usually around 7.8" which is a slim-straight size. I think what happens is that the thigh measurements are fairly slim, and the jeans don't taper which give them a little bit of a bootcut look. Yes, as long as they are raw they will stretch a fair amount. I would also sag a bit to give them a better look. I tend to size up one with my pipe legs because I don't like how tight they are in the thighs.

kinggimp

Reaction score
you're right. it actually looks like a bootcut in the second pic. can't size up, though, as this was the only pair left and it happened to be tts. waist is perfect. just them damn thighs. well, if you say they will stretch a fair amount, i'll give em a shot. thanks!

Originally Posted by Fycus
Pipe legs are weird, the thighs are extremely skinny but the leg opening is usually around 7.8" which is a slim-straight size. I think what happens is that the thigh measurements are fairly slim, and the jeans don't taper which give them a little bit of a bootcut look. Yes, as long as they are raw they will stretch a fair amount. I would also sag a bit to give them a better look. I tend to size up one with my pipe legs because I don't like how tight they are in the thighs.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kinggimp
you're right. it actually looks like a bootcut in the second pic. can't size up, though, as this was the only pair left and it happened to be tts. waist is perfect. just them damn thighs. well, if you say they will stretch a fair amount, i'll give em a shot. thanks!

I think the thighs on those are too tight for you as they are throwing the fit off below the thigh, I wouldn't imagine the thighs would stretch enough to change that.

I just got a pair of washed pipe legs in a size up almost two from my normal pants and sized up one from my other slim tapered jeans sizes because of how tight the thighs were and they fit well. My normal size fit fine in the waist but much like yours too tight in the thigh so my sized up worked out much better in the thigh and the waist was a bit larger than preferred but not enough to be oversized b/c of the low rise. Also, I'm not sure if pipe legs fit differently between raw and washed versions but my washed version leg openings where about 7-7.25" in sizes 31 and 32 so they end up having a nice overall slim silouhette as opposed to lookin bootcut as Fycus mentioned.

Also, Spurr shirts are awesome. If you haven't tried them you really need to.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had a pair of pipes that stretched out a LOT in the top block

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pipe leg raws have a wider leg opening than the washed versions. Im trying to sell my grey washed versions in size 34 ($40 shipped!), lmk if interested!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads