• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spurr S/S 10

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Disappointing. Almost like a continuation of SS09.

I think Mauro was there. Maybe he'll post some pictures.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Facebook Mauro said this:

The spurr viewing was SICK!!! Anyone with a budget thats likes to look amazing he is your man! Pics to be posted!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I've long ago come not to expect much from Spurr by way of photos. It's a brand that for the most part doesn't have pieces that stand out in a crowd aside from being well-fitting; it's like the wearer is the only one in on the secret as to how great the fabrics feel on his skin.

I'm fairly certain this is basic idea behind Spurr and Simon says something to that effect in his interview with Mauro.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spurr is probably the line from which I'd happily own and wear the highest percentage of pieces. Everything I've seen is top notch in fit, construction and materials. It isn't avant garde or flashy but neither am I.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was there yesterday and spoke with Simon and his sales director David regarding the new collection, I love a lot of it especially the suiting, there is a salmon suit that I must have, and when you take into account the construction that went into each suit it's really a bargain. Some if the jeans featured were very nice as well, two of the well-worn pairs were broken in by Simon himself.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
It isn't avant garde or flashy but neither am I.

Don't sell yourself short with that attitude, homie.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Spurr is probably the line from which I'd happily own and wear the highest percentage of pieces. Everything I've seen is top notch in fit, construction and materials. It isn't avant garde or flashy but neither am I.

+1. Stuff looks awesome and surprisingly wearable for me.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
^^^

Where ya been, stranger?

Now that I've settled into quiet domesticity (I have a baby on the way (gulp)), I try to restrict myself to the respectability of the MC forum.

Originally Posted by farfisa23
Don't sell yourself short with that attitude, homie.

I certainly can't pull off a Dries tunic one night and an ascot the next so I remain humble in your presence, especially since you started this thread.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I've long ago come not to expect much from Spurr by way of photos. It's a brand that for the most part doesn't have pieces that stand out in a crowd aside from being well-fitting; it's like the wearer is the only one in on the secret as to how great the fabrics feel on his skin.

I'm fairly certain this is basic idea behind Spurr and Simon says something to that effect in his interview with Mauro.

Definitely true, certainly a stealth wealth brand. I like the denim pieces in this collection, especially that vest and the workshirt.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Now that I've settled into quiet domesticity (I have a baby on the way (gulp)), I try to restrict myself to the respectability of the MC forum.

Wow... Old man Baron is all grown up. Congrats!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Congrats family man.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. It reminded me of Ralph Lauren for some reason.

As people have observed with other collections, lapels are getting wider again. Or maybe just back to "normal."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads