• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spurr bootcut

chomeo

Reaction score
So I received my Spurr bootcut jeans this morning from the Gilt recent sales. I've read the little instruction that came with it but want to get your take on what you guys recommend to do with rigid denim. it seems some wear it first and some rinse it. I know i'm setting myself up with this question but really, this is my first rigid denim. Thanks!

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tung:

Just wear them!!

What do you think of the fit?

Eck

70gransport

Reaction score
Depending on how long your legs are or what length of inseam you are comfy with I'd say just soak em and if need be get them hemmed, but it's all up to you. I've been rocking mine for a couple months solid and am totally pleased with the jeans.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're sanforized - shrinkage will be minimal so there's no need for a soak.

Get them hemmed if they're too long, otherwise just wear them until you can't stand not washing them anymore.

chomeo

Reaction score
thanks guys! They're about 2" longer than my normal inseam but it's not so bad. i'll be walking around with yellow selvedge for awhile.

Eck. the fit is a bit tighter than the both the PRPS (32) and RRL (32) i have. Hopefully they will stretch.

chomeo

Reaction score
hello. here are my new spurr. how's the fit? comments? they're a bit snug in the thigh area a long but overall, they are good. these spurr are definitely of higher quality than i'm used to.

they're my first pair of raw jeans so i'm not so familiar with the denim aging process as one wears. if the thigh will stretch about 0.5"-1", i think it would be good. thanks for the comment guys!

L1020547.jpg

L1020548.jpg

L1020549.jpg

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Did you go true to size? I'm considering a pair myself...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit looks good from the knee up, but I'd be wary about stretching. They are definitely too long though. Extra length does not play well with bootcuts. I would hem them to your normal inseam, even if you plan on flipping the cuffs up for a while it'll be better in the end.

chomeo

Reaction score
they are true to size. very good quality jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads