1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

SPRNG SMMR 2K14 FSHN

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jun 20, 2013.

1. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I thought of raf too when I saw damir, but totally uninteresting and not good. Banal luxe or something. Blah

2. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

4. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

All buttons everywhere at Thom Browne. Too bad, he's one of the few designers who uses custom/unusual zipper pulls -- or am I just thinking of his designs for Moncler? It all blends together in a tricolor swirl in retrospect.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´m guessing Thom Browne´s inspiration was this guy

[​IMG]

6. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So far Missoni, MMM, Dries and Prada :nodding:

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. sipang

sipang Senior member

WAIT WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

PARIS MENSWEAR 26/06

HAIDER ACKERMANN No surprises. The colors, the tones, it's just so nice to look at. That said the more tailored/tapered looks veer dangerously close to sartorial douchewear territory, that kind of stuff definitely works best with looser outfits (with an oriental sensibility ? sup Said). Long coats looks are the highlights. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] But
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    RAF SIMONS Idk if I'd dislike it less or more if this wasn't Raf Simons. Therein lies the quandary. Still... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Food for thought 1 Raf Simons talks about the interzone (amen)​
    Food for thought 2 [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

They used to have a room with a few really nice mobiles like that Calderman at the ROM, but I don't think it exists any more. I like them a lot more than the clothes. :(

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

There's an amazing scene in Battlefield Earth where John Travolta hits his head and says "Crap-lousy ceiling!" that I doubt was in the script, but I can't find it on Youtube

On an unrelated note, it amuses me to read a positive review of Saint Laurent ss14 by Tim Blanks which nevertheless refers to the models as "Slimane's wasp-waisted, shrunken-chested boy band members."

11. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

do we know who the artist is regarding those knits? or is that just raf?

12. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I immediately thought of Wacky Packs, but it's probably some Damien Hirst protégé.

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

i kinda want one of those pastel brian calvin knits.. :eek:

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

as far as i know it's just raf riffing on advertising. i was thinking about the show and there's a lot I would like if paired with pants and not short-shorts. i think the graphic design is really great, so if it is some artist or designer please share. curious to have a look.

kinda still thinking through saint laurent. my instinct is to say it's trying to recapture a lost moment, but the more i think about it the more it feels deeper than that. hedi's been working the same territory forever. it's not just him redoing his DH stuff. it's probably more fair to say he's like dries or ann or yohji in that he's got a very clearly defined vision that he mines over and over, and it's not really about what he's doing from one season to the next. (though i will say hedi's vision is more dependent on imagery created by other people, rock stars and the photographers who documented them and all that.) whether he did it in 2003 or 2013 doesn't really matter to him. frankly he should probably just start his own line where he can do that on his terms rather than work for a giant fashion house. it's not a vision i'm in love with, but i wouldn't say it's invalid and i do think it works for him. edit: can't tell if this point is super obvious or not. hah. i think people expected some new vision when he signed up with YSL and were a little surprised when it was more of the same, so I guess i'm responding to that expectation, because i felt it too.

edit2: went back and looked at some old hedi dh stuff, and compared to that stuff this collection still feels really weak to me.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  15. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

"We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures, and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision. They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of the past. There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers. The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident, inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push."

-William Burroughs, 'Interzone'