• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring/Summer Shoes

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring and summer is upon us and I need some recommendations on a light colored brown shoe that I can wear to the office or with a sport coat to a summer wedding? My office moves from business attire to casual from Memorial to Labor Day but I like to wear something nicer than the usually khakis and polo shirt. I prefer to wear linen, seersucker or tropical weight wool pants with a button down in the summer so I would like something I can dress up or down. My first thought is a pair of Alden whiskey shell cordovan loafers (pic below) or monks but would like to see if there are other alternatives? Thanks in advance.
05side2.jpg

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my suggestions - take them for what they are worth.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Strawfuts in brown/navy on the way. You might also look at the brown/linen Strawfut.

I also like the new AE Carlsbad in Walnut, the AE Strand in Walnut, the AE Kenwood in Tan, the New Orleans in Walnut, and the AE Westchester in Walnut. This might be a stretch, but I also like the AE Lombard in Walnut.

Just some suggestions. Good luck in your search.

Chris

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Crockett & Jones Sydney?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads