• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Spring/Summer Shoes

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring and summer is upon us and I need some recommendations on a light colored brown shoe that I can wear to the office or with a sport coat to a summer wedding? My office moves from business attire to casual from Memorial to Labor Day but I like to wear something nicer than the usually khakis and polo shirt. I prefer to wear linen, seersucker or tropical weight wool pants with a button down in the summer so I would like something I can dress up or down. My first thought is a pair of Alden whiskey shell cordovan loafers (pic below) or monks but would like to see if there are other alternatives? Thanks in advance.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are my suggestions - take them for what they are worth.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Strawfuts in brown/navy on the way. You might also look at the brown/linen Strawfut.

I also like the new AE Carlsbad in Walnut, the AE Strand in Walnut, the AE Kenwood in Tan, the New Orleans in Walnut, and the AE Westchester in Walnut. This might be a stretch, but I also like the AE Lombard in Walnut.

Just some suggestions. Good luck in your search.

Chris

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Crockett & Jones Sydney?

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 141 33.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 69 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 35 8.3%