• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring/Summer 2008 - what's on your list?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too much and already in the works for spring

2bSBFL 3pc in 9.5 oz. black worsted with burgundy windowpane ( done March/April) GBR(?) book.
Vest for my Dormueil mohair DB (end-o-Feb.)
Alden suede specs from LeatherSoul

Prob start on the Fox DB in May and the LL triplecheck in August. (depending on $$$)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I guess I could use some more summery shoes. I've been meaning to buy a pair of white suede wingtips for a couple of years now and never got round to it.

I already have a pair for this year, but in pebble grain calfskin. I like to think the calf won't show wear as quickly as suede; my bucks got very dirty from frequent wear last year. But I may end up selling them to finance part of a suit.

DSC08442.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably going to do two or three new sports jackets from Mytailor or another such (haven't decided on the details yet, need to look at some swatch books). Probably a couple of pair of trousers as well.

I might try to pick up a few new sport shirts and some new casual stuff as well.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much, planning on putting together a light-tan linen summer suit and probably some white bucks to go with it. Or I could go with a pair of dark shoes, not sure right now but I'll figure it out.

JB

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
Not going to cop the TB terrycloth blazer?
inlove.gif

Maybe the boardshorts.

There was a terry blazer before from him I wasn't fond of.

ephemeralcoherence

Reaction score
Just curious because a few people have mentioned white suede wingtips... Did anyone pick up the Barker Black ones on ebay last week (maybe the week before)? At $199 they seemed like a pretty good deal.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I already have a pair for this year, but in pebble grain calfskin. I like to think the calf won't show wear as quickly as suede; my bucks got very dirty from frequent wear last year. But I may end up selling them to finance part of a suit.

DSC08442.jpg

Are you the equivalent of a UK7 by any chance??

Originally Posted by ephemeralcoherence
Just curious because a few people have mentioned white suede wingtips... Did anyone pick up the Barker Black ones on ebay last week (maybe the week before)? At $199 they seemed like a pretty good deal.

That's a VERY good deal. I hope they were NOT a UK7...

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linen or linen/cotton shirts.

10oz gunclub odd jacket (if finances allow).

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Montecristi Panama with an open weave crown from Optimo.

teardropopen.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Do regular Panamas not give you enough air? I have seen the ones from Optimo, and they are really nice, but the style always strikes me as too Greg Norman-esque unless executed perfectly by the maker.

dagenham

Reaction score
In no particular order...

A cotton/silk suit in either khaki or light grey, haven't decided yet.
An un-constructed DB sport coat or suit.
A navy linen sport coat.
Tan suede loafers.

Chorse - I like those white shoes, I have some white wingtips/brogues by Paul Smith, can't wait to break them out again...

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a sport coat and suit last fall for this season which should be in very soon. Other than that I plan on continuing with my New Year's pledge not to buy any article of clothing unless it's an honest to God emergency and I'll die without it sort of thing. I'm only buying the stuff I mentioned because I did make a promise to the store owner...yeah, that's it, that's the ticket.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
another pair of G&G bespoke (maybe 2
devil.gif
)
perhaps a couple of fresco suits
1/2 doz shirts half dress half casual (not inspired by EG)
3-4 pair of casual pants

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
Everyone must make a lot more money than me. And I am getting married in October. I will have to settle for last years' summer duds.

frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads