Spring Outerwear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skeptic, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Holy crap, that is a sweet jacket.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Brian, I believe that you owe me money as well, for an unintended crack earlier. Let's say $50, and we're straight. There. Hoodie bought.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Holy god, I can't even begin to tell you how much that pisses me off. I hate the ipod, I hate it, I hate it. I hate that a trendy product encourages the isolation of people around me. I hate people plugging off their ears from the world. Ugh. Rant over, nice jacket but I'd have to rip the pocket off in a really mangled fashion.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I love it. At work, it's a CD with 40 gb of songs on it (plug it into the G5), at school, it keeps me not-bored between classes, and it's one of the only ways I can listen to music nearly all day. And I love the pure hip/trendiness of it.

BTW, LA Guy, how would you like that money delivered? Could you send the triad down to pick it up?

5. LA Guy

Not a big ipod fan either, nor do I own one (though my fiancee does.) I would use the pocket for my i.d. So that when I go out, it saves me the trouble of having to reach into my pocket when the doorman says "Can I see your I.D.," I would say, "What, dumbass, are you blind? Here's my frink'in ID," and breeze right in. Hey, where is my $50, j. Remember, Triad visits = bad.

6. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I am planning to completely cop your style so that when the Chinese Triad motorcycle ninjas show up they will think I am you, get very confused, and decide to work for me. Their first project will be building an attached training building with a door in my house, so I can open a door and have ninjas training behind it, because I've always wanted to do that.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I see a million posts have already made it in before this... Nevertheless... Ha. It's been said before, but I dunno if I owe the forum money, or if the forum owes me. I have gotten some great deals on some pieces I would never have otherwise found (thanks LA, and the Foxx, I think), but I certainly wouldn't have minded not finding them without the forum. I think. That iPod jacket looks great...... except for the iPod gimmick. I Â love my iPod, but I would be a little embarrassed to be so forward about it. I like the APC guitar pick neck...er... wear. But I don't wear necklaces. I've got a couple spring jackets. Members Only, when I feel I can pull it off, Barbour-style waxed cotton jacket, and a khaki sportcoat that I really want to replace.

8. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Which brand do you wear?

9. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Ferragamo also does nice jackets for the spring, for slightly less: http://www.ferragamo.com/

10. LA Guy

"Go, play games." Reminds me of a scene from the original TMNT movie. Can't stop laughing. Not a productive day, as you may be able to easily surmise.

11. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I don't hate the ipod, I actually think they are pretty cool, although I don't own one. What pisses me off is I see all sorts of people playing with them constantly on the train. I mean ok, we get it, you have an ipod, now put it away before some pissed off guy comes by, snatches it out of your hands and stomps on it while you watch. (J, I am not recommending this course of action)

That being said , I think the jacket is pretty cool. But, why oh why does that pocket need to be clear? Is it really necessary to show off what you are carrying in the pocket?

12. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

Does anyone know who carries Unis in LA?

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

(j @ Feb. 25 2005,13:19) Holy god, I can't even begin to tell you how much that pisses me off. I hate the ipod, I hate it, I hate it. I hate that a trendy product encourages the isolation of people around me. I hate people plugging off their ears from the world. Ugh. Rant over, nice jacket but I'd have to rip the pocket off in a really mangled fashion.
    I don't hate the ipod, I actually think they are pretty cool, although I don't own one. What pisses me off is I see all sorts of people playing with them constantly on the train. I mean ok, we get it, you have an ipod, now put it away before some pissed off guy comes by, snatches it out of your hands and stomps on it while you watch. (J, I am not recommending this course of action) That being said , I think the jacket is pretty cool. But, why oh why does that pocket need to be clear? Is it really necessary to show off what you are carrying in the pocket?
    I think it's just for fun. Every once in awhile I like to fall into a trend and become part of the generation. The jacket is not particularly expensive. I think it's a nice nod to the importance of technology in the fashion world.

14. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I know it's for fun and I agree it's a good example of how technology can affect fashion.

I guess I am getting old. I get it, I could sell it to my accounts but I wouldn't wear it. I am starting to realize certain things are starting to make me look like I am trying too hard to hold on to my youth.

15. LA Guy

Fred Segal (Either Man or HTC, I think) might carry it. Otherwise, other than the Louis and the Unis store in NYC, I don't know who stocks it.