• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring coat?

FormulaQ

Reaction score
What are you guys wearing for your main spring coat? I was considering a light blue cropped trench but i dont know how much i'm liking that idea anymore.

chiral

Reaction score
Right now I've got a Nice Collective unlined cotton jacket, and I'm looking to supplement that with another cotton/linen light zip up, possibly the new blue one from Michael J Krell.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a grey trenchcoat from J. Lindeberg.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got a Fred Perry harrington jacket in black. I love this thing:

fredperryharrinton.jpg

Note: that's not my actual jacket - just found it posted online

Waffle

Reaction score
i'll use a boss trenchcoat and will buy a wjk m66, which hopefully will be perfect for spring

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^Pic? I wouldn't think JL is much in line with the aesthetic of most of the people on this forum, but I'm a fan myself.

I believe the cut is identical to this but the fabric is a darker grey.

_5551606.jpg

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've also been looking for something short, slim-fitting, and casual to wear in the spring. Thoughts please!

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I've got a Fred Perry harrington jacket in black. I love this thing:

RL's take on the Barracuda is on sale at Bloomies:

RL Barracuda

pPOLO2-4483877_standard_v330.jpg

The website says $139 but I paid $70 for a black size L at 59th Street yesterday. A bit different style from the G9 with 2-button adjustment tabs on the cuffs and waist rather than stretch. Really nice slim cut.

FormulaQ

Reaction score
What do you guys think of black coats for spring? I've always considered it a no-no. But should i reconsider? Black coats are just so...not spring like to me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads