• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spring 2007 W+H Hoodies (pre-ordering @ peasant)

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
We can begin taking pre-orders for our W+H hoodies arriving middle of this month. Four colors are arriving (all in classic fit): Evergreen, Tiger Black, Tiger Grey, Tiger Green. Information regarding fit, zippers, etc... can be found on our website www.peasantonline.com (W+H in left navigation).

All pre-orders must be telephoned in (248.203.6470) and prepaid in full (free shipping for all U.S. orders).

Currently, the following sizes and colors are available:

Small: Tiger Green, Evergreen.
Medium: Tiger Green, Tiger Grey, Evergreen, Tiger Black.
Large: Tiger Green, Tiger Grey, Evergreen, Tiger Black.

Sincerely,

Brian
peasant
www.peasantonline.com

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've gotten my email from last night. I'll send payment later today, after my Paypal starts working again.

For the mystified, I believe that the Tigers will be in the old Spruce Tiger Fleece material, but on the W+H body. That's from the source.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
So they're going to have the baggy arms from the w+h classic fit fall06? That's too bad, i was hoping for a slim fit or spruce classic fit style. Are the spring ones different materials? I remember reading that they were somewhere. Terry cloth or something like that.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
So they're going to have the baggy arms from the w+h classic fit fall06? That's too bad, i was hoping for a slim fit or spruce classic fit style. Are the spring ones different materials? I remember reading that they were somewhere. Terry cloth or something like that.

That's what I've heard.

The regular spring hoodies are heavy french terry. Considerably lighter than the tiger and winter fleeces.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any hoodies this season with contrasting hoods vs bodies? Like tiger fleece navy/black with white hood?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

See, that's what I thought at the beginning, but check out the fit on the models at United Arrows (see www.zozo.jp, and go to the United Arrows site, and look up the sale Cut & Sew). Now, all the W+H and Spruce hoodies I own fit considerably closer than that, but the fit on those is terrific. Now, those are really small guys wearing slim fits (apparently, xs is the most ordered size in Japan), so I figured that a (new body) W+H classic would have a similar fit on a slim, but regularly sized guy like me.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

The regular spring hoodies are heavy french terry. Considerably lighter than the tiger and winter fleeces.

These are the ones that Steven Alan has right now, with the shorter cuffs and the pockets that overlap?

jubei

Reaction score
noobish question: are these hoodies fleece lined?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
So you're saying on a 6ft. 165 lb guy who is relatively slim(not skinny), it would still fit slim on the body and arms? I mainly remember hearing baggy arms as a problem on last season's classic fit. The united arrows stuff fits well, but yea, i can imagine they're tiny people. I know they have slim and superslim now too and i was wondering if the classic and slim fit were going to be the same as last year with that addition to the lineup. If florida wasn't a fashion wasteland above miami, i'd try to try something on.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're saying on a 6ft. 165 lb guy who is relatively slim(not skinny), it would still fit slim on the body and arms? I mainly remember hearing baggy arms as a problem on last season's classic fit. The united arrows stuff fits well, but yea, i can imagine they're tiny people. I know they have slim and superslim now too and i was wondering if the classic and slim fit were going to be the same as last year with that addition to the lineup. If florida wasn't a fashion wasteland above miami, i'd try to try something on.

Well, I tried on the new Classic fit, and the fit was closer to the fit on the United Arrows fit than when I wear the the slim or the old classic - both of those fit considerably closer to my body than shown on those models. Different looks, both nice, imo. BTWm the red/natural tiger on that site looks awesome on that site, btw. People, that is how you wear the kelly or red tiger fleeces, with a black tee, and jeans in an tight, flat weave, and super dark color with contrast stitching. That way, the color of the hoodie and the heathered visual texture stands out, with only the contrast stitching of the jeans to complement it. Super slubby or structure denim would just not look as good. So, APCs, SPURR (especially), good. PBJs, not so great.

Kane

Reaction score
One thing I don't quite understand is why people buy Classic Fit hoodies (which we've inclined and patterned after college/sports/relaxed garments) when what they seem to be wanting is a slimmer, body-fitting fit.

I'm planning to take some pictures of myself in a few days to illustrate the differences in fit between Classic, Slim and Super Slim, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, I tried on the new Classic fit, and the fit was closer to the fit on the United Arrows fit than when I wear the the slim or the old classic - both of those fit considerably closer to my body than shown on those models. Different looks, both nice, imo. BTWm the red/natural tiger on that site looks awesome on that site, btw. People, that is how you wear the kelly or red tiger fleeces, with a black tee, and jeans in an tight, flat weave, and super dark color with contrast stitching. That way, the color of the hoodie and the heathered visual texture stands out, with only the contrast stitching of the jeans to complement it. Super slubby or structure denim would just not look as good. So, APCs, SPURR (especially), good. PBJs, not so great.

I regularly wear mine with a black or khaki tee, black RB6. Looks good to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads