• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coats and Jeans

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brogue carries a few of their models too, but I haven't tried them.

A.D.

Reaction score
Untitled-1.jpg

Trying to be as casual as I can while still satisfying my sartorial needs. I'm in the kind of place where folks sadly feel threatened if you're too dressed up.

Last edited:

A.D.

Reaction score
Folks have poor self esteem then and its worse if they are men

We've just always been very blue-collar. There's nothing wrong with that (I'm a humble train driver myself), but most people haven't seen a suit outside of a ceremonial context for decades. Many will get the feeling that you're trying to "flex" on them by wearing dressier clothing and be annoyed. I used to be the same before I took an interest in menswear to be honest. I enjoy incorporating denim as it lets me both look good and stay somewhat connected to my social setting.

MaE

Reaction score
View attachment 1341412
Trying to be as casual as I can while still satisfying my sartorial needs. I'm in the kind of place where folks sadly feel threatened if you're too dressed up.

Nice outfit! I like the colors and textures!

May I ask if you wear this type of clothing for work or not?

Since I am a train driver myself (Switzerland), I don’t think it would be possible for me to wear a nice casual shirt + a sports-jacket for work, mostly because of the fact that everything in a train is quite dirty (grease, etc.) and because it might not really be the most suited attire for that kind of job... But congrats if you are able to pull it off on the tracks :)!

83D0863A-8C7C-4548-BE90-0E227E999B48.jpeg

No sports coat and jeans picture for me today since I’m at work, sorry about that, but instead I’ll join a picture from today’s sunrise!

MaE

A.D.

Reaction score
Nice outfit! I like the colors and textures!

May I ask if you wear this type of clothing for work or not?

Since I am a train driver myself (Switzerland), I don’t think it would be possible for me to wear a nice casual shirt + a sports-jacket for work, mostly because of the fact that everything in a train is quite dirty (grease, etc.) and because it might not really be the most suited attire for that kind of job... But congrats if you are able to pull it off on the tracks :)!

Thanks!

That's a nice picture. You must get some amazing views in general, I've visited once and it's a very beautiful country you have. As for me I don't even do freight and still it's pretty dirty, so I don't think I would dare wear anything I care much for. I do wear a dress shirt, tie and worsted wool pants as our uniform, but unfortunately the drivers don't get the suit jacket. We have a field jacket which looks pretty good though. Good luck out there!

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of white jeans from orSlow. Very happy with them, slightly not as expensive as Resolute and probably more widely distributed.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From last week before spring turned into Fall here in the Bay.

Attachments

• 0658425B-502A-4D95-AB40-733EDAAD46C1.jpeg
    0658425B-502A-4D95-AB40-733EDAAD46C1.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 221

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads