• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coats and Jeans

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, also, my $150 Sid Mashburn jeans, which they describe as the best dad-gum jeans ever, and which I do really enjoy, are basically the same fit as the AE slim fit 2 sizes lower (so my Sid's = 35, my AE's = 33). Only ever so slightly less tapered (like maybe 1/4" less in circumference).

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Speaking of bargain denim for sports jackets, has anyone tried Levi’s 522?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of bargain denim for sports jackets, has anyone tried Levi’s 522?
@emptym talked about these before. Managed to pick up two pairs of the same wash in a stretch fabric. It’s literally the only jeans I wear now besides some wide fitting Uniqlo denim. You can still see some listings on eBay for the 522 pattern jeans but that’s about it. Wish I knew about this earlier. I’ve tried several other Levi’s over the years since and returned everything sadly.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
@emptym talked about these before. Managed to pick up two pairs of the same wash in a stretch fabric. It’s literally the only jeans I wear now besides some wide fitting Uniqlo denim. You can still see some listings on eBay for the 522 pattern jeans but that’s about it. Wish I knew about this earlier. I’ve tried several other Levi’s over the years since and returned everything sadly.
I’ll give them a shot. Thanks.

khughes44

Reaction score
Eli...I am wearing those jeans in this pic. They’ve been a pleasant surprise.
A6C6BBBC-506A-4A29-BD23-A23AEC20CB70.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JustinW you have any pics of you wearing the miner fit jeans?

the 8.75" hem sounds rather beefy for me. how was the seat?

how did you size again? I'm usually a 32 in most pants, including S&M. Though the thighs can often be too snug depending on the material.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Todd Shelton

Reaction score
We’ve started to show outfit inspiration for our guys on our site and the discussion in this thread inspired me to want to take a shot at a few jean and sport coat looks.

These are simple, I think most guys can pull them off. We shot them in a way to relatable to where a guy might wear them - the first is a business convention, the second is a night at a gallery, and the last one is a casual lunch meeting where a guy might throw on a sports coat (at the last minute) to help elevate a very simple, casual outfit.

2020_0112_navy_blazer_600.jpg

2020_0112_black_blazer_600.jpg

2020_0112_whiteT_blazer_600_2.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
New friday Challenge just for you !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads