• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sport Coats and Jeans

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still continuously wearing sportcoats with jeans.

because i'm kinda cheap i haven't updated the jeans i wear most of the time in a while. my go-to pair are slim fit selvedge jeans from american eagle in a mid wash that i got for… $29, i wanna say? my fave pair are Rugby RL's from 6 years ago in a dark wash that i rarely wear bc i don't want them to fade too much, at least until i can find another pair that fit the same (thinking the 3sixteen sl-100x might be the ticket and at some point i just might break down and get a pair. or if @brillopad ever tells me the knee measurement on his jeans, maybe those).

i did splurge on a pair of Sid's natural denim (which to be honest, are almost as tapered as the AE's. just a half inch more in circumference at the hem maybe).

anyway, here's a couple of posed pics from yesterday with the AE's.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

because i'm kinda cheap i haven't updated the jeans i wear most of the time in a while. my go-to pair are slim fit selvedge jeans from american eagle in a mid wash that i got for… $29, i wanna say? my fave pair are Rugby RL's from 6 years ago in a dark wash that i rarely wear bc i don't want them to fade too much, at least until i can find another pair that fit the same (thinking the 3sixteen sl-100x might be the ticket and at some point i just might break down and get a pair. or if @brillopad ever tells me the knee measurement on his jeans, maybe those).

i did splurge on a pair of Sid's natural denim (which to be honest, are almost as tapered as the AE's. just a half inch more in circumference at the hem maybe).

View attachment 1280272View attachment 1280273
I'll tell you the knee measurement of the jeans if you tell me where you got that Drake's scarf! I've been looking for that one for years.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you the knee measurement of the jeans if you tell me where you got that Drake's scarf! I've been looking for that one for years.
easy: Coachman Clothiers in Knoxville. They went out of business this spring/summer, and were liquidating all their stock. I got it for like $60.
There's a reasonably similar one this season in tan, though. different fabric make up but it's mughal print in tan (just with some blues and greens in there, too): https://www.drakes.com/usa/accessories/scarves/beige-mughal-hunter-print-scarf

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

drfwtx

Reaction score

View attachment 1280272View attachment 1280273
If you like the natural denim from Sid, their denim fits the same.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like the natural denim from Sid, their denim fits the same.
i do like them. i wish the hem were a tad wider though. for the natural color i think it's fine but would want a bit more width on dark denim.
if only @brillopad were around to tell me his knee measurement.

drfwtx

Reaction score
i do like them. i wish the hem were a tad wider though. for the natural color i think it's fine but would want a bit more width on dark denim.
if only @brillopad were around to tell me his knee measurement.
Size up and have the waist taken in. It’s free if I’m their shop.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40