• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sport Coats and Jeans

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still continuously wearing sportcoats with jeans.

because i'm kinda cheap i haven't updated the jeans i wear most of the time in a while. my go-to pair are slim fit selvedge jeans from american eagle in a mid wash that i got for… $29, i wanna say? my fave pair are Rugby RL's from 6 years ago in a dark wash that i rarely wear bc i don't want them to fade too much, at least until i can find another pair that fit the same (thinking the 3sixteen sl-100x might be the ticket and at some point i just might break down and get a pair. or if @brillopad ever tells me the knee measurement on his jeans, maybe those).

i did splurge on a pair of Sid's natural denim (which to be honest, are almost as tapered as the AE's. just a half inch more in circumference at the hem maybe).

anyway, here's a couple of posed pics from yesterday with the AE's.

brillopad

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

because i'm kinda cheap i haven't updated the jeans i wear most of the time in a while. my go-to pair are slim fit selvedge jeans from american eagle in a mid wash that i got for… $29, i wanna say? my fave pair are Rugby RL's from 6 years ago in a dark wash that i rarely wear bc i don't want them to fade too much, at least until i can find another pair that fit the same (thinking the 3sixteen sl-100x might be the ticket and at some point i just might break down and get a pair. or if @brillopad ever tells me the knee measurement on his jeans, maybe those).

i did splurge on a pair of Sid's natural denim (which to be honest, are almost as tapered as the AE's. just a half inch more in circumference at the hem maybe).

View attachment 1280272View attachment 1280273
I'll tell you the knee measurement of the jeans if you tell me where you got that Drake's scarf! I've been looking for that one for years.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you the knee measurement of the jeans if you tell me where you got that Drake's scarf! I've been looking for that one for years.
easy: Coachman Clothiers in Knoxville. They went out of business this spring/summer, and were liquidating all their stock. I got it for like $60.
There's a reasonably similar one this season in tan, though. different fabric make up but it's mughal print in tan (just with some blues and greens in there, too): https://www.drakes.com/usa/accessories/scarves/beige-mughal-hunter-print-scarf

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

drfwtx

Reaction score

View attachment 1280272View attachment 1280273
If you like the natural denim from Sid, their denim fits the same.

drfwtx

Reaction score
i do like them. i wish the hem were a tad wider though. for the natural color i think it's fine but would want a bit more width on dark denim.
if only @brillopad were around to tell me his knee measurement.
Size up and have the waist taken in. It’s free if I’m their shop.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.