• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coats and Jeans

Cassadine

Reaction score
That jacket appears to be too short for you. If it is indeed an orphaned jacket, did it come from short cut suit?

I thought the same thing. But he appears much younger than I, and he loves it--so...life's too short to worry about my opinion. If you like it then roll with it.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I've arrived at the perfect jeans (for me). Higher rise (close to 11"), athletic fit which is roomy enough in the seat and thigh which tapers to a handsome slim ankle. And, the denim is a deep indigo selvedge. They check all my boxes.

They're Amazon's house brand and they cost $50.

When the weather cools down from this ungodly 95* we're enduring in the metro-NY area, I'll post a fit pic.

To offer some feedback on these, the thighs and waist stretched a bunch after sitting in and lightly walking around in the dungarees. I sent them back for a size 32x33 (from a 33x34) and they should be here today or tomorrow.

These are not said jeans:
20190828_072337.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
To offer some feedback on these, the thighs and waist stretched a bunch after sitting in and lightly walking around in the dungarees. I sent them back for a size 32x33 (from a 33x34) and they should be here today or tomorrow.

These are not said jeans: View attachment 1231058
Do you think it is the drone that makes the delivery that makes them too ?

C'mon guys, jeans is a serious matter.
Japanese selvedge (now that Cone Mills closed down)
Lee Japan Archives for me.
LVC (eventually, but same, not in Cone Mills denim now, Turkish selvedge i think, not great).
Samurai are said to be good.
Uniqlo used to be quite nice (i've got some Uniqlo japan from a long time ago). Not as good today but OK or the price.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LVC (eventually, but same, not in Cone Mills denim now, Turkish selvedge i think, not great).
Uniqlo used to be quite nice (i've got some Uniqlo japan from a long time ago). Not as good today but OK or the price.
Lee fits me well but I blow through the crotch every 3-6 months.
Uniqlo was always too tight in the hips for me.
I don't care for the LVC cut.

What my lower half gained in robust musculature over the years, the denim I enjoyed wearing lost in robust choice.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Because you buy low cost Lees.
Try Lee Archives Japan, you won't regret.
I wear their Lee Riders.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love my Raleigh DenimWorks jeans. Their Martin cut feels totally different and better than any denim I've worn.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New drone jeans are here.
20190829_071238.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads