• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coats and Jeans

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stop hacking my photobucket!

MarkWinter

Reaction score
Some good entries there @MarkWinter.

I don’t do DB but I have a similar coloured cream cotton SB SC which I think works well with dark denim. Had to dig deep in the archives to find a pic:

Thanks, much appreciated. Your look is ain't that bad, either. :)

MarkWinter

Reaction score

pickergc

Reaction score
View attachment 1198310
I brought this jacket to go with some chino trousers. Do you think it will work with jeans?

I'd agree in the assessment of the jacket itself, it seems too short. Having said that, I don't mind shorter jackets that are going to be exclusively worn with jeans, et al. I'd also keep it unbuttoned.

+1 for sick fades on your denims, though.

Nat Jag

Reaction score
I'd agree in the assessment of the jacket itself, it seems too short. Having said that, I don't mind shorter jackets that are going to be exclusively worn with jeans, et al. I'd also keep it unbuttoned.

+1 for sick fades on your denims, though.
Noted, I could either get it lengthened or get the longer jacket and shorten the sleeves.
The jeans were a nice dark wash when I purchased them.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Noted, I could either get it lengthened or get the longer jacket and shorten the sleeves.

Don’t try to lengthen the jacket, but if you can exchange it for the next size up you should. If not, then (as said above) don’t button it and wear with your highest rise jeans or chinos.

BeaverCleaver

Reaction score
View attachment 1198310
I brought this jacket to go with some chino trousers. Do you think it will work with jeans?
You may need a long. Get something off the peg that fits better and don't alter anything. Always wear clothes for a few weeks because they tend to mold to your body shape. If you then think a sleeve is long shorten it later.
Too many people on here are altering something before even wearing it which means that it didn't fit well to begin with.

BeaverCleaver

Reaction score
You can't lengthen a jacket so get the long. The sleeves are simple to shorten.

BeaverCleaver

Reaction score
I'm on here to discuss and get feedback from well dressed men and the "experts". Offline/in real life, the people I aim to impress or get compliments from are generally far from experts and could care less if jeans are black, or any other "style rule/guideline". I'm on here to get y'alls opinion and share mine, but I don't generally care for discussing this stuff with my friends or girls, and I like to keep in mind that just by wearing a dress shirt or jacket at all I probably am better dressed than 90%+ of the other people I'm surrounded by.
If putting on a shirt or jacket makes you well dressed I have to wonder what those people around you look like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads