• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sport Coats and Jeans

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shocked I hadn't heard of Todd shelton before this. I have been buying either lucky 363, which have a nice rise or a fit replicated based on 363 from luxire. But recent turnaround time from luxire was so bad, I'd love to find a better option and a local option would be even better. I am looking forward to stopping in at todd Shelton the next time business takes me across the Hudson.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing a pair from @Todd Shelton right now. The custom fit process allowed me to get my all-time favorite fitting jeans on my first try. I'm looking forward to replicating this fit in a few of the fabrics.

I like they way they allow for customization but don't go overboard on options. Which options did you go for?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like they way they allow for customization but don't go overboard on options. Which options did you go for?

I contacted Todd and gave him information about what I was looking for in a pair of jeans. Todd asked some questions and then sent me a fit kit with two pairs of jeans to try on. Neither fit particularly well. In fact, both were terrible if we were A/B testing. But the point wasn’t to fit into one of these jeans well, the point was to test certain points and figure out what would fit well. I tried them both on, took some photos, sent some notes with the photos and let Todd figure out the fit to match my initially stated goals. In my waist size, I went with a ¾” higher rise, one of the more relaxed top blocks, a normal knee, and a slightly slimmer leg opening.

They are black jeans I ordered to fill a gap in my closet, so I didn’t expect to put them into heavy rotation, but I have found myself wearing them way more than they deserve from a stylistic perspective and I will be ordering a pair of Pro Dark Originals shortly.

drfwtx

Reaction score
I know everyone is different but what did you select for the upper block?

I’m a regular-lean ish body time (6ft, 185, 34 waist, not chubby but not overly skinny). I figure basic would work, but one mans slim not skinny is another’s “my thighs can’t breathe in these, they’re so tight”. I’m looking for a slim-ish look, not baggy but not tight.

I contacted Todd and gave him information about what I was looking for in a pair of jeans. Todd asked some questions and then sent me a fit kit with two pairs of jeans to try on. Neither fit particularly well. In fact, both were terrible if we were A/B testing. But the point wasn’t to fit into one of these jeans well, the point was to test certain points and figure out what would fit well. I tried them both on, took some photos, sent some notes with the photos and let Todd figure out the fit to match my initially stated goals. In my waist size, I went with a ¾” higher rise, one of the more relaxed top blocks, a normal knee, and a slightly slimmer leg opening.

They are black jeans I ordered to fill a gap in my closet, so I didn’t expect to put them into heavy rotation, but I have found myself wearing them way more than they deserve from a stylistic perspective and I will be ordering a pair of Pro Dark Originals shortly.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m a regular-lean ish body time (6ft, 185, 34 waist, not chubby but not overly skinny). I figure basic would work, but one mans slim not skinny is another’s “my thighs can’t breathe in these, they’re so tight”. I’m looking for a slim-ish look, not baggy but not tight.

Maybe the trial service would be helpful for you

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My fit is the Relaxed upper block. But 100% anyone that is going to buy from Todd Shelton should go through the fitting process. I have literally hundreds of pairs of pants, and I am very handy with a tailor's tape, and I know my measurements well and I still think the best fit came from going through this process.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
dd317f9f-fcc1-47d1-9a8a-d9cce260034f-jpeg.1121317

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
But I did invite folks to see my band (in which I play drums, so I guess that doesn't really address your point...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads