1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Sport Coats and Jeans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by An Acute Style, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Riva

Riva Distinguished Member

I know a few female IG influencers who never buy stuff except probably tampons. They get all the free clothes and even snacks to last years not counting the cash income from the brands.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Inspector

I cannot imagine a true SF member being insensible to the intense poetry created by your posts. You tend to write like you dress. :-D

3. Riva

Forgive the unfiltered ravings as the side effect of forum anonymity. Wife's friends and friends' wives. Alas I learnt too late that it's actually cheaper to have a model as a wife.

4. am55

am55 Distinguished Member

5. Quesjac

Quesjac Senior Member

Interesting how many people insist that shoulder slope is a tailoring/body defect (not really about the shoulders, traps are part of the back) when it's also a mark of strength/achievement in the gym, climbing wall or wherever.

I've never really understood why people see very square or sloped traps as good or bad. Asymmetric shoulders (very common in men btw) can and should be 'corrected' by tailors on the other hand.

6. Riva

685389.jpg

7. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Stylish Dinosaur

It’s not that square or sloped shoulders are good or bad, it’s that when they are extreme they deviate from the middling proportions that tailoring tends to effect since Brummel’s day. In some ways we are still riding the momentum of classical proportion in clothing. At least in the West. And so people still advise that clothing should make you look fit but not too fit. Tall but not too tall. Well proportioned and not extreme.

8. IEG

IEG Senior Member

9. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

I switched to V-necks 4-5 years ago because of this but now my shirts, Spier and Mackay, have a lower 2nd button so my V-necks show. Do you know of any lower V-neck under shirts? I could go without but I am already cold sitting in an office all day.

11. DFWWingnut

DFWWingnut Senior Member

I buy the uniqlo undershirts. Very deep V and not too thick.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-heattech-v-neck-short-sleeve-t-shirt-408108.html

12. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I wore V-necks for the same reasons for about as long as you and ran into a similar issue. But this past year, I've simply stopped wearing undershirts unless I am wearing a closed neck shirt. I have actually been really happy with the change, personally.

13. IEG

IEG Senior Member

Agreed, I didn’t have a clean v-neck, was a bit chilly so I opted for the t-shirt

14. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Underfit makes a nice undershirt and they have deep v-necks.

https://underfit.com/

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member

Quite cold today in Mexico, so perfect for this oxford and jacket.

[​IMG]