1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sport Coat - need suggestions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NorthCoast, Nov 1, 2015.

1. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

Hello all,

I need to purchase a sport coat for occasional use in mostly casual and relaxed settings. I'd like it to pair well with chinos or wool pants and possibly jeans.

I was thinking of gray herringbone and started looking but the variations between cut, color, used and new have me baffled.

I'm a 46L if that helps.

Thanks

2. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior Member

I guess people will recommend the usual suspects: medium grey herringbone, brown donegal, navy hopsack...which are all good and versatile suggestions.

Personally, if the use will be mainly casual, I would choose something more special and that goes well either with navy or grey. I am a big fan of burgundy and forest green for this purpose. Depending on the climate you live the cloth to choose would vary, but a lightweight cashmere or wool-cashmere mix would be my choose anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior Member

Thanks.

I never considered those colors. I really like the Burgundy. I do like green as well.

I live in a 4 season climate, but am not overly concerned with summer use as I've always wanted a linen or seersucker or lightweight wool specifically for the warm season.

4. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Distinguished Member

Tan and khaki are fine colours.