1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sport Coat Lapel Question - ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Englandmj7, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Please forgive me for the utterly appalling paint picture! I saw a blazer with a lapel such as the one below whereby one side featured a "tab" so that if the collar was propped up it could clasp to cover the neck....I am trying to find an image of this on the net as I want to have a jacket made with one of these but have no idea what this style of lapel is called. Do any of you lads know, or am I crazy?

[​IMG]

2. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

3. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Ah, thanks! It is very similar to the second coat you posted. Is there a name for that type of lapel?

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It's a hunting collar designed for the windy climate where you can raise the lapels up, and thus button up the entire thing. It looks like a Nehru collar when done up.

5. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Don't get it on a suit coat though. Shannon Sharpe wears this often - today, in fact - and it is one of the worst looks I've yet seen on a retired football star.

6. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

I want to get it on a nice tweed sport coat and will probably not actually button it up fully...I just really like the look of it.

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Are you watching Lynley? It's called a throat latch, and is to some degree more common on riding and hunting jackets. I'm fond of them, as they suit my lifestyle, and I have them on my hunting jackets. STP has a looovvvvelllly Beretta jacket with that detail for ~200.00 USD or so,

Regards,
    Huntsman

8. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

I don't know what Lynley is [​IMG]

Thanks for the info. though!

I have found a few more jackets with this collar whilst searching "hunting jackets" per your recommendation. There is a particularly nice one by Orvis, although I don't know the quality by the picture.....

9. TCN

TCN Senior member

Are you watching Lynley? It's called a throat latch, and is to some degree more common on riding and hunting jackets. I'm fond of them, as they suit my lifestyle, and I have them on my hunting jackets. STP has a looovvvvelllly Beretta jacket with that detail for ~200.00 USD or so,

Regards,
    Huntsman

Huntsman,

Do you ride or are we talking upland game/driven shooting?

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Huntsman,

Do you ride or are we talking upland game/driven shooting?

I don't ride, but I am correcting that in spring -- we are surrounded by horses, and it is something I have always felt I needed to know. I do hunt upland, however, and shoot a good deal of sporting clays which is where my jackets see the most use (thanks to needing to wear the bloody orange most of the time when hunting). Generally I just meant that the outdoors/sporting interests are essential to me, though more in a tweed way than a North Face way.

And you? Presumably you ride, though?

~Huntsman

11. TCN

TCN Senior member

I don't ride, but I am correcting that in spring -- we are surrounded by horses, and it is something I have always felt I needed to know. I do hunt upland, however, and shoot a good deal of sporting clays which is where my jackets see the most use (thanks to needing to wear the bloody orange most of the time when hunting). Generally I just meant that the outdoors/sporting interests are essential to me, though more in a tweed way than a North Face way.

And you? Presumably you ride, though?

~Huntsman

I don't ride, but a good friend's wife runs a hunt about four hours South of me, so I attend their parties and pose. [​IMG]

I do hunt upland game though (mainly grouse here in Michigan), and am trying to get out and shoot clays more often these days.

12. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Detail on the lower scan is great! Very fitting for fall/winter tweed jacket IMHO.