spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gong Tao, Feb 13, 2011.

1. otheme

otheme Well-Known Member

Pics worth a thousand words:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

2. tombking

tombking Member

Wow that look great otheme. Hopefully you could post a clearer picture next time. Maybe the back too?

3. chogall

chogall Senior member

Is the waist section draping properly? You look constipated with a huge belly on a slight frame.

4. malat

malat Senior member

Received my first pair of pants from them. Overall, I am quite pleased. I had two fittings after my initial measurement, and they followed all of my instructions, including giving me a little more room in the upper thighs and butt, while shaping a more narrow leg. I have an athletic frame and have a terrible time with pants off the rack. These are by far my best fitting pants. The rubber strip in the back to keep shirts tucked is a nice touch. Total in was $190 for their "standard" fabric. I will probably try more in the future.

5. otheme

otheme Well-Known Member

Apparently wearing the most properly draped suit still can't make one a gentleman.

6. zzdocxx

zzdocxx Member

Hi, just wondering, where did you get the fabric and how much is needed for each shirt?

7. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Fabric was courtesy of SF member badsha, in this case it's Grande & Rubinelli but he has access to several manufacturers. I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and 1.5 meters is enough. Badsha's prices are very fair, and it does save money compared to buying similar material from Spoon, especially on the higher end materials.

8. wqvong

wqvong Senior member

Roberto Bruno will sell directly to individuals, his contact information below:

R BRUNO

TESSITURA GRANDI & RUBINELLI S.R.L.

Strada per Novara n. 280 - 28062 CAMERI (NO)

Tel. +39-0321-622458 Fax +39-0321-679464

Registro Imprese di Novara n. 13670

Capitale Sociale Euro 110.000 interamente versato

9. GraphicTeeShirt

GraphicTeeShirt Member

I just got four shirts from Spoon. I asked for thick MOP buttons, barrel cuffs, and canvassed spread collars. Thomas Mason fabrics. $110 bucks a shirt. The fit is fantastic. Uploading pics soon.

10. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Thomas Mason fabrics start at $150/ea. The base stuff is $85/ea. What fabric did you get?

11. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Senior member

Just as an update, I stopped in today to order a shirt which came out to be about $100.

I asked about suits and was told that the standard option is half canvassed, but they do have a full canvass option now. I believe he said it was only an extra $50 for it full canvass, but don't quote me on that. Starting price for a suit is $800 and goes up depending on fabric.

Really looking forward to seeing the end result. This will be my first bespoke shirt and the guys were very professional and courteous in helping me out.

12. kennon

kennon Member

Edit: I just called and I guess they had a bit of a late start today. Andrew said turnaround time right now is about 1.5 months; I'm going in to see him this afternoon-- will post again as things progress!

I am really excited about checking this place out! However, when I stopped by around 10am on the way to work, the Sacramento St. shop was closed and no one picked up the phone. I thought perhaps I got the time wrong but yelp lists their hours as M-F 10-6?

I will be moving from San Francisco in the beginning of March so I'm worried about getting a suit completed in time. Is it possible to get a turnaround of under 3 weeks here? Is there such thing as a "rush" order, given the time spent mailing things back and forth to HK?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

13. malat

malat Senior member

I received a note from them this morning that the shops will be closed Feb 8 - Feb 21, so you might want to call them since the timing will be tight.

14. kennon

kennon Member

Yep, Andrew is actually already in Hong Kong so the Westin St. Francis shop is closed, but his brother Calvin is at the Sacramento St. shop through Tues. Was great service-- they will squeeze me in for the first fitting tomorrow and hopefully I will still be in town for the second in early March. I went with a fully canvassed suit with their base cloth for $850, and two shirts for $95 each. I've never had a suit that fits, so looking forward to the results!

15. cropknox

cropknox Active Member

Is it confirmed that Spoon Tailors offers full-canvassed jackets now? Earlier posts indicated that Spoon only offered half-canvassed jackets.