• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt looks pretty good; pants are pretty tight though.

Kslim

Reaction score
That looks great. I will definitely order a shirt from them.

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gong Tao
They quoted me something like $850 for jacket or 1250 for a suit made of Holland and Sherry cloth. According to Yelp suits in lower quality fabrics could be as cheap as $500.

I'm getting excited about this place. I live an hour and a half away, but it would be worth the drive. Are they open on the weekend?

We've seen suits in this thread quoted at $500, $799, and $1250. Does anyone know pricing for sport coats?

ckadds

Reaction score
sports coats are 2/3 the price of a suit, depending on the material chosen

matsui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
I'm getting excited about this place. I live an hour and a half away, but it would be worth the drive. Are they open on the weekend?

We've seen suits in this thread quoted at $500, $799, and $1250. Does anyone know pricing for sport coats?

I stopped in there today to check it out and talked to the guys working there for a while. For 100% wool fabrics, the bottom end is $699 for a suit, and 2/3 for jacket and 1/3 for pants. Half-canvassed and hand stitching on the lapels, total production time approx. 3 weeks including two fittings. Apparently they're opening a second location inside the Westin at Union Square in a week or two that will be more of a 'showroom', and they'll keep their current shop.

poonjerelli

Reaction score
Oh wow, this makes me so happy.

And even more of a reason to head back home for a bit.

Anybody get fitted for a suit yet?

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered third shirt today. Plan is to get fitted for trousers next week.

llnlasers

Reaction score
I was just measured for trousers here today and have a fitting next week. Once the finished pants come back I'll post some photos. I'm having a pair made from their lower-end fabric and from some cloth I already had purchased from an estate sale.

Andrew provided some great service, and I didn't even schedule an appointment until this morning. The shop was VERY busy - lots of weddings in the summer, after all. The brothers are super-professional. I was impressed by the service, and they seem very knowledgable, though this is my first time going after bespoke clothing.

He also mentioned the new Westin location to me - apparently speed between measuring and fitting will decrease significantly once they move, as they're planning to get their cutter/tailor to work closer to full-time for them exclusively, and out of their current storefront

greentartan

Reaction score
I've just ordered a shirt (at the new location). I'm now a bit worried that I didn't ask about pattern matching and removable stays (shirt still hasn't arrived). Otherwise I'm pretty excited.

greentartan

Reaction score
Update: shirt looks and fits great. Nice pattern matching too, as well as removable stays. I got a fabric from their "cheap" book (I think it was called Regent), so it was $85. Quite pleased.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be suspicious but worth a try for one in the first instance?

Maybe I ahve moved to avoid having read this lot.

Chan or Yao would be better without risk.

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of pants from them this week. They say turn around time to first fitting will be a couple weeks depending upon when they receive the fabric. I ordered a simple grey pair of wool pants to start. If they turn out well, I will buy a few more and maybe try a jacket. I have a hell of a time finding OTR pants that fit my athletic frame. I will report to the group how it goes. Price $190 with half put down at order.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I dropped off some fabric to have 3 shirts made last week. CMT price is $65, turnaround of 3-4 weeks.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered 3 shirts and flannel trousers today. Muy excited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads